Any real diff: wood or vinyl trim on Outrage X

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pier
C Boater

Re: Any real diff: wood or vinyl trim on Outrage X

Post by pier »

Could be possible to have some plant display of all the outrage version, vinil and wood gunwale?

I have a vinil gunwale version and I think, it a great allround boat, the only 2 little things that i don't like of it are: when I take a little jump the front tense to sink when there is a foamy water and the hips could be a litlle to high, sometimes I like to tilt the boat, when I take the slalom run, perhaps I must to try to insert a little additional wood near the tip
MarkT
Pain Boater

Post by MarkT »

Hey Pat..

I'm not finding an Outrage with wood gunnels which was my preference...so am looking at one with vinyl. Really interested in knowing more about how you pushed out the bow. Any pics? Why'd you feel you had to take off the end cap? How much wider is the boat now? Any details would be appreciated as I'm probably going to be doing the same thing. You can PM me if that works better.

Mark
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

Try whatever you find, it's not like they're bad boats with vinyl gunwales.

I don't have much to say about the facelift I gave mine,no pictures etc. I just did it because I had the boat inside on the operating table for other repairs. The end cap/deck plate fixes the narrow angle of the gunwales at the end, so it had to go so that things could spread apart (I re-used the actual end bit as a cap, but not wrapped around the gunwales), then I basically just wedged in an extra front thawrt to make it fatter and put on a new deck plate.

Pat.