Buying a used Spark--issues?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

h2sk1
C Guru

Re: Buying a used Spark--issues?

Post by h2sk1 »

Dave.E wrote:
Pea Pod wrote:Does Esquif make a bulkhead that is sold separately to their boats?
Yea I've seen them for sale. I'm sure Esquif will be willing to sell you the boat bulkhead outfitted.
A friend of mine bought a new Spark hull and added the bulkhead himself. He chose a Beluga saddle, primarily because he could get it quite cheap. It was a very easy install. As I'm sure you know, the bulkhead will weigh more than the saddle + strap system, but it is easier to do by yourself.
mahyongg
C Guru

Post by mahyongg »

Esquif should be able to install a bulkhead for you, the Europe importer definitely is. Although installing the complete setup yourself makes for trim7error correction. So that whatever happened with the "holds a line VERY well" thing stated above, doesn't happen to you.. it sounds very much like wrong trim to me.

The Spark is a little bit of a thoroughbred.. sensitive, but fast AND responsive if fitted right.

And yeah, that red one with that forward stroke looks great on Paul ;D

Cheers,

Jan
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

It was factory outfitted AND I experimented with the trim AND I messaged Kaz for some tips on making the hull perform as designed. In the end, I just didn't find it very fun to paddle compared to the Frankie Hubbard-style boats that I've paddled (Ocoee, Sfly, Viper). My point was that it's incorrect to say that everyone loves the spark because I don't and I know others that don't. There are a lot of others still that almost only paddle that boat for slalom....
mahyongg
C Guru

Post by mahyongg »

Ha, true dat.. there definitely are people who don't like it. But as I said.. the ones (I know) who have one do love it and even they are paddling other boats, heck I am! Frankie just made it into my growing quiver via a Mobile Adventures SFly...

Remember.. you CAN love more than one!
mahyongg
C Guru

Post by mahyongg »

Ha, true dat.. there definitely are people who don't like it. But as I said.. the ones (I know) who have one do love it and even they are paddling other boats, heck I am! Frankie just made it into my growing quiver via a Mobile Adventures SFly...

Remember.. you CAN love more than one!
Pea Pod
C Guru

Re: Buying a NEW Spark: bulkhead

Post by Pea Pod »

The word from Esquif:

"No one currently has the RED Spark on hand. It would need to be ordered. It is available with the bulkhead outfitting or the saddle."