Dream Trip

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Dream Trip

Post by 2opnboat1 »

So if one was to organize a all OC expedition what river, Sense I am pipe dreaming it doesn't matter where
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: Dream Trip

Post by Sir Adam »

This should be interesting…

I can only chime in on a river some of you have run, and has been written about a bit - the Moisie.

Or just about any of the rivers in "Wild Waters: Canoeing North America's Wilderness Rivers" (Edited by James Raffan, forward by Bill Mason)

Nahanni also comes to mind...
Keep the C!
Adam
mahyongg
C Guru

Post by mahyongg »

Since you're talking "expedition" I'd say it has to be either a first, or first open boat descent, or something scientific involved. Since science is probably not of too much interest, I'd say why not open up something for open boating that may be appealing for a larger group nowadays but has not, or at least not regularly, been open boated.
- I'm thinking of the general region of the baranca del cobre which seems very interesting, there is also a heap of info from kayakers already.
- Taiwan. High mountains, good infrastructure and great food but to my knowledge, noone has ever set foot on that island with a (WW) open boat.

On another note, some stout large steaming pile of dog doo that has been a kayaking legend forever, like the notorious GC of the Stikine. I have no clue wether that would be doable but some of the greats of the sport may have the funds and the guts to try, surely not me.. pumps or no pumps notwithstanding, that would be a great feat.

:D

Cheers,

J.
DougB
CBoats Addict

Post by DougB »

The Notakwanon River in Labrador. While a dream trip, it's still realistic in terms of time and cost. Sights on for 2015.
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

After doing a little checking, the Notakwanon River does sound like the perfect dream canoe trip. See
http://myccr.com/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?t=3899 and read down aways.
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

Any trip to the north is a dream trip!
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

the martian canals. totally out of this world! :D