Knee placement when converting K1 to C1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Wodza
C Guru

Knee placement when converting K1 to C1

Post by Wodza »

About to convert my WS Score to C1. Never converted one before. Just wondering if my knees should be placed in line with where the factory knee braces were or slightly forward/behind?

Also anyone know where to pick up a Diver's Belt quick release in Ontario for reasonably cheap?
GSG
Pain Boater

Re: Knee placement when converting K1 to C1

Post by GSG »

You'll end up well ahead of them. The first thing I place in the boat is the saddle. The back will likely be 6-8" off the back of the combing but some fine tuning on the water will be required to trim the boat properly. Once you have the trim correct glue in your saddle and start on the rest of the outfitting.
Wodza
C Guru

Post by Wodza »

Wow, that far forward? I would have really screwed that up if I didn't ask. Thanks for saving me some frustration.
Dave.E
C Guru

Post by Dave.E »

My back is about 8 inches forward from my cockpit rim if that helps.
https://vimeo.com/user32086287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wodza
C Guru

Post by Wodza »

So i've got it set up now so that my backrest is about 8 to 8.5" from the outside of the cockpit ring, my hip socket is slightly forward of centre of where the hip pads originally went and my knees are about 4-5 inches forward of where the original knee braces were. Sound about right? Ill keep it all adjustable for now until I can get it sitting in the water.

BTW Dave, the Taureau you sold me has been a blast, thanks for that.