Whitesell Piranha Flotation bags

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

gumtree

Whitesell Piranha Flotation bags

Post by gumtree »

I have a older Piranha in good shape but the flotation bags need replacement. I need advice on where I can get new bags sized reasonably well to fit this canoe.
Thanks
David Long
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Re: Whitesell Piranha Flotation bags

Post by PAC »

try checking out Fallline Canoes. High end custom fit bags - pricey but well worth it. Think Shawn makes lower end bags too. http://www.falllinecanoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

You probably will want 60" bags or larger depending won which boat you have, but I have a set of 54" nylon bags for sale on the "boats for sale" section of this forum for $90
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

You need 72's thats waht came in it
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

I can do 72" customs no problem. Made a set for a prophet that survived a serious beating on the Green race this year. Check my website or PM me.
Shawn

Fall Line Canoes
http://www.falllinecanoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Shawn's bags are the best
JimW
C Guru

Post by JimW »

72" sounds about right, the Piranha is 14' so that would give you roughly 12' of airbags and 2' for the cockpit area.
The bags in the rental I had last year were too small really I must have had 4 or 5' for the cockpit area - sure it meant I had room to use a bucket for bailing and I could carry some of my own gear rather than trusting it all to to the rafts but I can't help thinking I would have had a much easier time in and after rapids with less open cockpit space and no gear on board!

If Shawn has a pattern for the Piranha, defintely consider a set of fall line bomber bags - most bags I've seen are too pointy to fill the bow and stern properly (that goes for pretty much all modern OC1s doesn't it?).