Update on Mohawk Canoes

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Update on Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

We have been very quite for the last little while. So I figured I would give an update. We have brought the flotation bag manufacturing in house, this will allow us to have control over our prices, and the amount of colors available. The OEM was killing us with the min orders, $5000 per size and color. So we fixed that problem. We now have bags that are made to fit the Option, The Ledge, and Octane; $120 a set. We will keep red and yellow on hand at all times, then also a couple of other colors right now it is Orange and Navy blue. We are also charging hard with the foot brace operation (never dreamed so many were sold). We are still persuing blow molding of canoes, we have not lost focus). It is a hard thing to try and reinvent the wheel and all the processes involved at one time.
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
milkman
C Maven

Re: Update on Mohawk Canoes

Post by milkman »

Thanks for the update, Richard! We're all hoping for Mohawk's continuing success during this time of material change in the canoe industry.
boatbuster
CBoats Addict

Post by boatbuster »

Yes, thanks for the update and for all the work you are doing. No matter what we are paddling we will probably need quality air bags and footbraces, and having bags that fit the new hulls is a plus. The single valve construction is also nice as it eliminates one more place bags can leak. Keep up the good work.
road_warrior64
C Boater

Post by road_warrior64 »

Good to hear from you guys. I was starting to worry! My Mohawk is still going strong.