New Creek Boat!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

NC-1

New Creek Boat!

Post by NC-1 »

Hey,

I'm in the market for a new creek boat and wanted to hear what ya'll think about the Flying Squirrel or the Burn. I've seen both, which look pretty good. Anything else worth looking at? I'm about 160, which size of either would probably work best as a C-1?
Wodza
C Guru

Re: New Creek Boat!

Post by Wodza »

Some good reviews on the Jackson Karma have come up recently (although i haven't paddled one). I went with a 2015 Jackson ZEN as I didn't feel I needed a "full on" creekboat like a Karma living in Ontario. I've had it out a few times since dialling in the outfitting and am very impressed with how it paddles. Great primary and incredible secondary, super fast and turns on a dime. Its also great for catching a surf on some of the flatter longer waves as well as catching waves on the fly. It's my first river running/creek boat C1 so i don't have much to compare it to as conversions go. Coming from paddling a L'edge, Rival, Taureau, Score C1 and 4FUN C1.

Good review of the Karma as well as some others in this thread

https://www.cboats.net/cforum/viewtopic ... &t=7969430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;