That little screw on the front of a TwinTip

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

SlickStick
C Boater

That little screw on the front of a TwinTip

Post by SlickStick »

Hi
I am just about to order a twintip and i have noticed that there is a small screw at the front, just above the foam pillar.
What does this screw into?

Also, has anyone used a dagger or perception C1 kit in a twin tip?
If so, does everything fit alright without any major adjustments to the boat (other than drilling holes and the usual stuff)?

Last question, do perception still make their C1 kit?
I know that dagger stopped making theirs a while back, but i was able to order the perception one late last year and didn't know if they were still available. (i stupidly sent the kit back after i got it, not realising that i could do with it now)

Thanks,
Peter
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

screw goes through hole in hull... then into a plastic dowel... dowel holds front pillar in place.

dagger plate will work if you rip out the hull stiffening plate... downside is lots of extra new holes. you can order it c-1 set up from robson.

craig
SlickStick
C Boater

Post by SlickStick »

Thanks,

I emailed Robson and they told me that you can't order it set up as a C1, has anyone ordered one set up already from them?
If so, what is the kit like and who did you contact to ask for a C1 version, perhaps i just got hold of someone that doesn't deal with that sort of thing.

Has anyone had any experience with the new Twintip TT ?

Thanks again,
Peter
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Hi Peter,

I dont have a Twintip myself, but there is in the Outfitting section of this site there is a describtion of a twintip conversion by Kyrill using the factory supplied Robson conversion kit.

martin

http://cboats.net/conversions/twintipconversion.shtml
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau