Palmer Fest/Single Blade Symposium

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Scott C
Pain Boater

Palmer Fest/Single Blade Symposium

Post by Scott C »

My hat is off to all the organizers, instructors and to the participants for making this one of the best events I have ever been to. Although the weather could have been better the participation was phenomenal. The food and entertainment were the icing on the cake but the meat of it all was the awesome instruction provided by the best the paddling community has to offer. Thank you all!!!

Scott Card
Last edited by Scott C on Tue May 24, 2005 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~\open side up/~~~
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Nice!

Post by Sir Adam »

I'm glad all went well up North-I wanted to make it but couldn't. I hope it's organized again so a bunch of us "southerners" (always weird to type that when you live as far north as I do) can come up and play again. I really want to try the Maven (and Wheelboy:) ) on the Ottawa some time.... The Groove was *interesting* as it was (as was running my Acrobat (standard cut, admitedly) through Phil's 8) )
Keep the C!
Adam
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

It was an absolute blast, hundreds of people there, probably at least as many, if not more single bladers as kayakers.
Pretty much all of the best canadian single bladers were there, there were clinics available by Paul Mason, Mark Scriver, Joe Langman, Andrew Westwood, just to name a few...
The organizers said that the attendance by far exceeded their expectations, on Friday evening they actually had to turn poeple who had not preregistred away, as the clinics were full!
Thesy said that in light of the huge success, they were going to make it a yearly event.
So mark the May 24 date in your calendar!

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Jon
C Guru

Post by Jon »

I heard that they were hopeing for 100 paddlers, and ended up serving dinner for over 300! on Saturday night. Awesome turnout.
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Palmer Fest

Post by billcanoes »

Sounds awesome-

http://www.rapidmagazineinc.com/rapid/i ... palmerfest

Was there a limit size for the clinics? Were they on the water or off?

Bill
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Everything except for the boat outfitting related clinics were on water.
There was a limit of participants for the clinics, however I do not know where they drew the line.

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Scriver
c

Palmer fest and the single blade symposium

Post by Scriver »

It was a great event. Lots of c boaters, lots of booths and exhibitors, good food, good band and a great party. Scott MacGregor, Rapid Magazine and the Paddlers' coop did a great job organizing.

Mark
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Mark,

thanks to you (and all the others for that matter) for the great clinics.
I am sure I impressed everyone present with my repeated windowshade and flush moves at hass hole :wink: ...

martin