open canoe saddle

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

grinner
Pain Boater

open canoe saddle

Post by grinner »

Hi
I am beeing lent a savage skeeter and the saddle moves around. I think its the airbags because sometimes when i pump the airbags up it moves then. I dont want to glue the saddle in and its one of them long saddles that goes from one twart to the other. It also moves when i'm doing my power strokes so it isnt too good. I cant put the boat on edge untill the back on the saddle has shifted to one side so its difficult on white water. So if there is anyone that can help it would be great.
Thanks
paddling a flooded canoe is easy. stopping is easy as long as you have some kayaks to help you stop.
Martyn
Pain Boater

Post by Martyn »

try 2-sided carpet tape, and put it on pretty liberally. If you can get the indoor/outdoor kind, all the better, my experience is that it will bo a pretty reasonable job of holding you in until you are getting thrashed in a really big hole, then you and all your outfitting come out and you remember why you paddle with yakkers cause they pick up you and your outfitting and your airbags and your boat....