OC-1/C-1 Creeking Clinic with Eli and Leland - any interest?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Leland
c

OC-1/C-1 Creeking Clinic with Eli and Leland - any interest?

Post by Leland »

As Chris Kelly said in a post below, I've been considering adding an open boat/c-1 clinic to my spring creeking clinic schedule. I called Eli Helbert to see if he would help me teach that one, and it looks like he would be interested if we can get a group together. The clinic would most likely be somewhere in the southeast, and would be on class III/IV water where we would work on skills.

Please post here or drop me an email through my website at http://www.nccreeks.com/ if you are interested.

I hope this works out - it would be fun to be able to get back to my roots and teach some single blade technique!

Leland
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Anyone interested in stepping up their game should take advantage of this if even just from a skills building standpoint. I've met Leland a few times in my travels and he is one of the most knowledgeable paddlers in the southeast.
I can also attest to Eli's high level of skills and teaching abilities. I've learned more about paddling steep stuff correctly from him over the years than anyone else. Eli is a master of picking up subtle things we need to do on the water and translating it to others in a logical and practical way.
This sounds like a great opportunity that doesn't come around too often. I hope folks don't miss the "boat"

Craig
Louie

Swim class and comman sense course.

Post by Louie »

Leland. I got some ideals for an intro to the class.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

How far down South?

Post by the great gonzo »

I would definitely be very interested, however due to time constraints anything that's more than lets say a 10hr drive from Toronto is out of question for me. Southern WV is about the farthest south I could see myself drive for a weekend clinic.

cheers!

martin a.k.a. The Great Gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Martyn
Pain Boater

Post by Martyn »

I'm definitely interested - keep me posted as to when you are thinking of holding the clinic.

Martyn
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Hmmm

Post by Sir Adam »

Interested, but it will be schedule dependent. I'd like to get in to creeking more, and have a lot to learn (boofing, for instance...). It will be a BIG change of gears from squirt boats, but that's what keeps life exciting 8)
Keep the C!
Adam
Leland
c

looking good!

Post by Leland »

It looks like we will have enough people to run a clinic like this, so I am going to get with Eli and try to schedule it.

We will probably do something just like the other intro to creeking clinics I offer, located in the southeast. Cost will be the same as the other clinics. We will shoot for a weekend in spring. Right now the last weekend in March and the second weekend in May are looking best for me - I will have to see what Eli says.

If you want to see more info on the clinics, check out the clinics link at: http://www.nccreeks.com/

Thanks for speaking up, everyone. I'm looking forward to doing a cboat/canoe clinic - it should be a hoot!

Leland
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

hey, sign me up! I need some pointers on how to avoid flipping to my offside!
-will lyons
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

hey Will!

Step 1. Sit on your butt.
Step 2. Get a double bladed paddle.
Step 3. Take lot's of video of yourself.
Step 4. Make it seem like you are doing something really unique.
Step 5. Scream like a crazy person every time you get to the end of a class II rapid.

That should help your flipping :wink:
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

Brutal

Post by chuck naill »

Hey Craig, that was brutal, but true non the less. :D