Dagger Freefall LT

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sandie_
Pain Boater

Dagger Freefall LT

Post by Sandie_ »

Still on the lookout for a cheap kayak to convert.

A friend is selling a Dagger Freefall LT.

Would this make a good C1 conversion?

Sandie
(usually Ocoee OC1 paddler)
We are what we repeatedly do.
- Aristotle
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

I am not sure if a Freefall LT would make a good conversion, a friend of mine paddled one as a kayak for a while, and, as far as I recall, it was narrow (probably no more than 24" wide) and had a round bottom hull, so stability is probably not all that great. My friend found it too long for steeper creeks (it's 9'5" long) and got a shorter boat (Pyranha Micro) instead.
It's essentially an old school creeker from the early 90's. Due to the round hull, it will handle very different than your Ocoee, which has a flat bottom and a hard chine.
Unless it's really cheap or free, I personally would pass on it and get something a bit more recent.

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Sandie_
Pain Boater

Post by Sandie_ »

thanks martin.

I'll keep looking.
We are what we repeatedly do.
- Aristotle
andy walker
c

Post by andy walker »

Sandie,

You couldn't let me know if you find one that works - I'm thinking of doing one, once I exhaust the possibilities of what I can run in the skeeter I've just got 2nd hand.

Good luck in your search - I'll let you know if I hear of anything suitable this end of the country.

Cheers,

Andy.