thoughts on converting a dagger rpm into a c1?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

wax_and_die

thoughts on converting a dagger rpm into a c1?

Post by wax_and_die »

The rpm seems to make a good c1, but I was curious if any one had tried this and what the outcome is. I'm looking for a good river runner that can surf a bit and thats about it.

Any advice or input is appreciated.
Thanks
Dianne
nam
C Guru

dont do it

Post by nam »

RPM has rounded hull. It is like paddlign a ball. you'll fip many time. There are better selection of boats than that. You'll end up wastin gour time, but real good on you roll.

nam
Martyn
Pain Boater

Post by Martyn »

I've got to agree with Nam - a buddy of mine had one and I think he and the boat had tertiary stability - he was always rotating around the long axis of the boat, but he did have a really good roll!

If you could get a redline, that is a much better Dagger conversion from the same era.

Martyn
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

rpm

Post by billcanoes »

I never paddled one as a c1 but heard the same thing- I saw an awsome paddler throw down in a RPM as a k1- check out the pyranha s8 235- or an Atom
wax_and_die

thanks for the input

Post by wax_and_die »

i was looking very seriously atthe RPM this weekend. I love it for k1 paddling because it is so incredibly easy to roll....but I can see that being a serious problem when attempting to stay upright while top heavy.....however you have to admit it would roll very easily....its just keeping it from rolling you back over that is the hard part.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

That brought back a memory and a laugh - I remember rolling 4 times in such rapid succession I thought a lumber jack was using the boat for log rolling practice - I only stopped when I could brace off the bottom.
sakana

Post by sakana »

I've feat my RPM into C1, this summer and I'm training in pool since January. and yes it's rolling in all direction but to my mind it's more plaisant than a play boat convert in C1.
it's got a closes shape with slalom's C1 and I wanted to make more river run than playing in a roll.

I can send you some pictures of the feat if you want...