Water in the MD / VA / WV area?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

Post by adkSara »

by Kalin
Hey Gang!

So in my efforts to educate myself about my southern neighbours I have come across several helpful websites in terms of streamflow data...like this one for example:
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/md/nwis/current?type=flow

My question is: Are any of these rivers at good levels right now? I've heard that there has been quite a bit of rain down there lately...and more specifically-Which sections should I be considering when planning a trip to L.Yough, Shenandoah, NB Potomac etc...

Kalin.

Posted on Nov 13, 2002, 7:31 AM

Gauge site and H20
by DaveM
Supa K:

I wouldn't say we have a ton of water, but relative to where we were two months ago, we are feeling blessed.

Little Falls gauge was at 4.10 this morning. So all of the play spots here in town are good. The weather guys are forcasting over an inch of rain this weekend for the whole mid atlantic region, so we should be in pretty good shape.

The website you found has all of the USGS gauges, so you should be able to check river levels just about anywhere. You will just need to know what gauge station corresponds to what location on a river.

Take care, hope to see ya soon...DM

Posted on Nov 15, 2002, 5:37 AM
adkSara