Skirt source for Redline conversion?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

by Randy Randy

I just picked up a used Redline to convert to C1.

My Cascade (Atom style) skirt is way too small to fit the Redline cockpit. My paddling buddy's kayak skirt fits the cockpit, but the tunnel is too far back in the skirt for my seating position.

Is there a preferred vendor for sprayskirts for conversions?

Randy

Posted on Oct 6, 2002, 8:05 PM

Snap Dragon
by Dennis Dennis

They have a standard setup in which they move the tunnel forward about 3" and they also lengthen the tunnel. I had them do a custom for me and move the tunnel an extra inch forward, but their setup would have been much better. I'd recommend getting the standard SD c-1 skirt. It a good water-tight skirt, and it should be exactly what you need.

Posted on Oct 7, 2002, 6:44 AM

Also consider
by Scott B.

Mountain Surf : www.mountainsurf.com
Whetstone : http://whetstone@kayakstore.com

I've had off the shelf skirts from Mtn Surf - bomber and tight. From Whetstone I've had one off the shelf (a K-1 skirt that fits my conversion perfectly) and one custom skirt (a bingee skirt for a glass boat - pretty basic).

Scott

Posted on Oct 7, 2002, 7:18 AM

Mountain Surf
by telewhacker telewhacker

I recently had Mountain Surf craft a custom skirt for my Ultrafuge conversion. Special Offset, double height tunnel. It fits wonderfully, stays dry, was delivered in three weeks and did not cost much more than a standard skirt would have.

Posted on Oct 7, 2002, 11:59 AM

Thanks
by Randy Randy

Thanks for the input. I ordered a Mtn. Surk skirt today.

Randy

Posted on Oct 8, 2002, 1:25 PM

A couple thoughts...
by PAC PAC

Randy
A couple suggestions on the Mt Surf skirt... Yes you can call them to have changes made to your order.
1 Add extra fabric to the deck - the skirt fits more boats then (even K1s).
2 Get that extra tunnel (14") - keeps you way drier.
3 I got the regular fit and it works well. Not sure what value the bomber adds. But very happy with the regular. It stays on and keeps me dry in both of my C1s. I'd most likely go bomber now since I have the money. 4 Get that tunnel moved up. I split the difference on my X and Zwo and with the extra material in the deck things work great. Keep us posted on how it works out. I got mine faster than they quoted. My only regret on getting a special C1 skirt was that I waited so long. Enjoy and be good! CU
PAC

Posted on Oct 8, 2002, 2:00 PM
Keep the C!
Adam