Dagger C1 pedastal and hipgrabber questions

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Chris G.

Dagger C1 pedastal and hipgrabber questions

Post by Chris G. »

Does anyone out there know if dagger is still making that C1 pedastal they used to put in all the Atoms? You know, the one with the rather large expanse of black plastic that covered the bottom of the boat, with the slots for you bulkheads and a raised place to attach your seat? If so, where can I get one, and how much do they run? Also, will Dagger's hip grabbers fit in boats other than Atoms / Cascades, etc.,? Any information will be much appreciated. Y'all take 'em easy.
One love,
Chris.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Not sure if they're still available but...

Post by CosmikDebris »

hipgrabbers do work in boats other than the Atom/Cascade. I have paddled an Ego with the Dagger console and hipgrabers in it. The hipgrabbers were just bolted to the console behind the pedestal via two plastic things that are molded into it. I guess when in an Atom, the hipgrabbers go around the cockpit rim but theres a piece that fits onto the consol right behind the pedestal. In this boat its just bolted their and then bolted to the cockpit rim on the sides were the actual "hip grabber's" are. I don't know if that made any sense, but it was worth a shot.
Another option which I just saw the other day is a new console from Dag Kayaks. They're some Euro brand, not sure where from. It looks interesting though, here's a link... http://www.rapidmagazineinc.com/onlinei ... /v4i3/53/0
Also check out www.dag-kayaks.com. I believe they offer the 'Ska' as a factory converted C-1. Pretty cool.
You should also email Liquid Logic and tell them you want them to produce their pedestal design.
Take care,
will
-Watch out where the huskies go, and do not eat that yellow snow.
Timzjatl
C Guru

Post by Timzjatl »

you can still get the dagger pedastal, I got mine from www.kayakoutfitting.com
I use a piece of 6x6" plexiglas (1/4" thick) that I bent in half using a heat gun to support foam at my hips on each side. I had this in my disco, and now in my spin.
Good Luck
Tim