So...I just bought a new boat...let the foam flying begin!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

So...I just bought a new boat...let the foam flying begin!

Post by CosmikDebris »

I'm getting ready to outfit my new Necky Witch and had a few questions. I havn't outfitted a C-1 from the ground up yet, but I am excited. The main thing I would like to know is about how much foam is needed for a pedestal and bulkhead? I don't want to order way to much foam, but don't want to not get enough either. Do most people make their pedestal out of like 2 or 3 pieces of 3" foam glued together? Is there anywhere I could order just a big chunk of foam and start carvin' away? Thanks,
will
-Watch out where the huskies go, and do not eat that yellow snow.
Aldenb

boats

Post by Aldenb »

Greetings Earthlings . . . .

yo Will, that is awesome large steaming pile of dog doo about getting anew boat and all. im in the same boat myself, having just bought a new micro 240 that is waiting down at my folks place in the garage, i am psyched . . .

so this weekend is outfitting weekend for me too, and i just built the seat (in lieu of going to class, as they say). i used 3" thick foam. glue three pieces together so you get 9 inches of width for the seat. the height and length is up to you. that's how i do it anyway.

i have no clue exactly how much foam to get, but too much is always better than not enough. you can use it for oddball large steaming pile of dog doo too. i was in the bathroom at a c-1er friend's house last year when i noticed he had "outfitted" his toilet. (he had foam around the seat to make sure it didnt crash down). that kind of thing. it's always good to have foam around. although a toilet is better

we'll have to hit some runs sometime in NH, im over in vermont,
Alden
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

we'll definatly have to get together

Post by CosmikDebris »

Yeah, we will definalty have to get together sometime. You might know the guy I bought the boat from, his name is Whitney and he's in Warren. Anyways, i'm heading out for 2 weeks to do some paddling down south and enjoy spring break but I'll be back the first of april and we'll have to do some boatin'. peace,
will
-Watch out where the huskies go, and do not eat that yellow snow.