C1 Sprayskirt

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

denisanic
c

C1 Sprayskirt

Post by denisanic »

Hey guys

Going to need some help here. Just outfitted my riot from K to C, and after few adjustments on the seat position, bulkhead etc I bumped into another problem. Skirt.

I heav not added any hip pads yet, making a pair tomorrow, but my concern is how to get the skirt over them and prevent it from tearing up on the sides. Any ideas?

Also, Is anyone making sprayskirts specialy for converted C1, or do you all use whatever you can get your hands on, like K1 skirts. What about to tubing, any skirts better suited with regards to the tube, as my k1 skirt barely fits(and i still dont have hip pads) and I am quite tall.

All help is of interest.

cheers/Denis
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

How are you making your hip pads? If made from a rigid material, wrap them with foam - below are pads I made that I wrapped with neoprene foam. That should help protect your skirt.

[img]http://lh5.google.com/image/scott.broam ... ip_pad.JPG[/img]

In the states, Mountain Surf is a good option for custom skirts (if you need a forward offset for the tunnel). Snapdragon possibly, too. I have never really felt the need with my seat placement.
denisanic
c

Post pics

Post by denisanic »

thanks for the info

I will just have to get my website upp so i can post some pics and videos, easier for you guys to see.

I think that my hip padds are going to be longer though, as my seat is farly high up, bout good 8 inches(bout 20cm or so).

Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks
Denis
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

For whatever reason, the glass and Kevlar hip tabs on my c-1 have NOT damaged the skirt. Maybe you could paddle your boat a little and then check the surface of the skirt carefully for wear in those areas.
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

prijon makes custom skirts, you could most likely order one from them. I also run a pair of carbon hip pads from trevor solieau, and have no wear, nor do i have wear with my plastic ones in my finkenmeister.
you may be able to go direct with prijon/wildwasser being closer to germany than we are.
Prost
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
michielv
C Boater

Post by michielv »

If you need a custom skirt in Europe, go and talk to the folks at Nookie. They do a lot of different types of sprayskirts and I think they do custom ones too.

The owner is Bill Mattos, a well known kayaksurfer/squirter/freestyler.

He is a laid back kinda guy who even helps you out with gear that's out of the collection but still available from unsold stacks.

Just talk to him and tell him what you're looking for. He'll come up with something perfect (or the truth that he cannot help you, if you're unlucky).