Official March Lenoir City C-Boat Armada post

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

Thanks to all for your offer of boats. Now I have one for every toe and it's awfully hard to decide on which one. Luckily there are still some weeks to go...

I booked my flight and am still looking for a rental. Due to it being the best shuttle vehicle it has to be a bit bigger. Thrifty made a good offer. Anyone any experiences?

Flight dates are:
arriving ATL March 9th, 3:35 pm
leaving ATL March 19th, 5:55 pm

That should leave me enough time to paddle, party and passing my credit card over the counter of a lot of paddling shops.

CU you all, I'm looking forward to meeting you.
Louie

Do you know

Post by Louie »

Uva? Did the spectular piton at LRC falls? I know Milt will have that on Video somewhere.
kanur
C Guru

Post by kanur »

I saw that video at Frankies a day or so after that run. That was quite a hit! Goes to show it is a fine line on the upper falls.
Dennis

"Just Cause I Don't Run My Mouth Don't Mean I Got Nothing To Say" Mike Cooley DBT
pmp
CBoats Addict

Camping or floor space...

Post by pmp »

Ain't Louie fest is sounding like way too much fun! I read somewhere that Louie had a hall to crash in? anywhere to camp or is it a little cold for that?
Paul M
ShawnJReese
c

Offical address?

Post by ShawnJReese »

Do we have an offical address yet?

Or do I just showup in Lenoir City, TN, start driving around until I see C boats....

Any local laws agianst pillage and plunder I should be aware of?
What about sleepin in the streets?

Hoping to wake up in TN Friday am, March 9th and run some class IV..
JulieKeller.com
Pain Boater

Re: Offical address?

Post by JulieKeller.com »

ShawnJReese wrote:Or do I just showup in Lenoir City, TN, start driving around until I see C boats....
Yes
ShawnJReese wrote:Any local laws agianst pillage and plunder I should be aware of?
Like Louie's son said one time when he and Louie arrived home to find me sitting in their Livingroom and asked me how I knew the door would be open "Duh Dad we ARE in Tennessee"

Julie
Stingray
C Guru

Lenoir Camping

Post by Stingray »

Wondering were campers are staying.

Some campgrounds say their not open until the week after.

:-?
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

We'll be getting down there on the Saturday of the 10th, after we get are act together I don't see us paddling Saturday. Whats the game plan for Sunday? Will there be maps showing us the local rivers? How is this all going to work?

Al
Louie

Sure we can give

Post by Louie »

a map but there are goin to be local boater going and if you get here before 12 on Saturday why can't you boat? If you have to drive more than an hour to a river you've gone to far. Typical East Tennessee boatin go to river drive to top drop off boats drive car to bottom drop off car, hitchhike back to top and boat to bottom. We don't go for those long complicated confusin trip and shuttles we keep it very simple set our own shuttles and boat. No drawn out detail plannin just boatin, pick a time to be at put in be there close to it take care of ourselves both on and off the water. If any of this is unfamiler to you just pick out a local and do what he does. It is unreal how many people at the end of a boatin day have said "dam I never knew how easy a boatin trip can be", of course this is comin from a group whos most important item in the safety kit is a lighter. Remember simple agenda boats at top car at bottom take boats from top to bottom. No detail planning just plain and simple boatin. Most runs have road besides them look at river on way up stop where you want and put in or stop and wait for the group who have gone all the way to the top to get to you. We do nuclear type work durin the workday so we don't like to think a lot on the boatin days
Jon
C Guru

FOOD

Post by Jon »

When you do these day trips is the practice to carry and stop for a shore lunch? How long are you usually on the water for?
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

Lunch ???? that takes away from your boaten!!!! I'll pack a couple of power bars and I'm good to go!! :D They take up less space in the boat as well! :wink:
Jon
C Guru

LUNCH!!!!!!

Post by Jon »

If I don't keep the motor in the bow fed, it runs out of power and gets VERY grumpy! There is no option here.
ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

Most folks stop for lunch

Post by ChrisKelly »

on Clear Creek. I usually do. On the Tellico I usually don't unless doing the entire river. There is the good somenella hamburger stand right along the river about one mile from the takeout.

Any trip I am on will be pretty relaxed. if anybody wants to stop then it is fine to stop. if anybody does not want to stop then it is fine not to stop. I am never gonna leave anybody behind and I am never gonna be unhapy about stopping (obviously excepting impending darkness etc)

Chris Kelly
Detonator Function
Pain Boater

Post by Detonator Function »

Anyone gonna have a spanish/super fly at this shindig? I'm very interested in trying one out.
Is this a rock I see before me?
Louie

Yes

Post by Louie »

Dooley, Dick, and Doopey all have one and all three will be leadin trip some where. Dick uses a skeeters, doopey used a Teaureau, and Dooley used a Prelude, but all three have a fly as a back up