Hey Louie..Aliesha's roll, now dropping over on her offside

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Al Greve
C Guru

Hey Louie..Aliesha's roll, now dropping over on her offside

Post by Al Greve »

Hey Louie,
Aliesha was working out at the pool session the other night. She's now dropping over on her offside, turtling the boat and rolling back up on her onside. Sweet!!!! :D Not bad for a 12 year old creeking fool! :lol:

Now its just muscle memory, I'm sure she'll have a full on bomb proof roll by the summer. :wink:
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Al, I am sure next time I see you guy's on the river Aliesha will make me look real bad... :roll: :lol: 8)

martin a.k.a the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Cool... that's the only proper way to learn the roll i.m.o.

Falling over and "righting" yourself on your onside is called "bracing" in my book.

Keep up the good work... maybe she'll be on the Canadian womens c-1 team someday... how cool would that be?... of course she's going to have to compete against my daughter who's only rolling skill at the moment is rolling over on the floor... and from the couch onto the floor. :roll:
Louie

I swear

Post by Louie »

she didn't learn it from me.
Al Greve
C Guru

Re: I swear

Post by Al Greve »

Louie wrote:she didn't learn it from me.
Yes.... but both you and Andrew were a very positive influence on her that day! Thank you!
Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

Young beautiful girls looking up to old men? That's not how it supposed to be :lol:

Wasn't Chad around that day too?
Louie

Sorry

Post by Louie »

story of my life.

Al if you are ever here when Island creek runs I think that girl of your will have a hard time pickin her favorite