Friday Armada paddling

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Friday Armada paddling

Post by Mike W. »

I want to paddle Friday. Who's up for it? "The Loop" is not in my guidebook, so I don't know where to go. Yeah, I know I'm setting myself up for this one - Where do I go for Friday paddling? What time do I need to be there?
Mike W.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

loop

Post by sbroam »

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/rivers/id/1687/

You put in below Ohiopyle falls and take out below Railroad for the "Loop" run - the shuttle is short enough to walk if you don't mind lugging your boat 1/4 mile or so. I hope to be there by early afternoon.

Scott
Seth

Meeting time?!?!

Post by Seth »

Me and my mom will be coming up friday afternoon and we will probably be to the yough by 2:30 or 3:00. My mom can't get there any earlier due to work. We will be glad to make a run of the loop with whoever can make it! if other people want to run earlier thats fine. we dont want to hold people up!

Directions to Ohiopyle A.K.A. Lower yough/Loop put in: Take I-68 west to maryland exit 14 the Keysers ridge exit for alt. route 40 (if you get to the friendsville exit you've gone one exit to far!) Go to the end of the exit ramp turn left (west) on route 40. Take 40 awhile you'll cross the youghiogheny resivior, keep going to Dinner bell road, turn right on dinner bell. dinner bell will come to a Y intersection with 381 bear right on 381. soon you will be in ohiopyle you'll see a boater change house and parking lot on you right, (directly across from the put in) thats where people normally meet.

Hope this helps! these aren't the greatest directions but I tried my best if some one else want's post some aswell I wont be offended. SYOTR

Seth
Seth

Meeting time?!?!

Post by Seth »

Me and my mom will be coming up friday afternoon and we will probably be to the yough by 2:30 or 3:00. My mom can't get there any earlier due to work. We will be glad to make a run of the loop with whoever can make it! if other people want to run earlier thats fine. we dont want to hold people up!

Directions to Ohiopyle A.K.A. Lower yough/Loop put in: Take I-68 west to maryland exit 14 the Keysers ridge exit for alt. route 40 (if you get to the friendsville exit you've gone one exit to far!) Go to the end of the exit ramp turn left (west) on route 40. Take 40 awhile you'll cross the youghiogheny resivior, keep going to Dinner bell road, turn right on dinner bell. dinner bell will come to a Y intersection with 381 bear right on 381. soon you will be in ohiopyle you'll see a boater change house and parking lot on you right, (directly across from the put in) thats where people normally meet.

Hope this helps! these aren't the greatest directions but I tried my best if some one else want's post some aswell I wont be offended. SYOTR :D

Seth
Seth

OOPS!!

Post by Seth »

Sorry for the double posting
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Friday

Post by Mike W. »

Hey Seth (& everybody else),

Scott & I are shooting for noon on Friday. Plan is to run it, then meet y'all & run it again. If we are late, we'll just wait for you to go at 2:30 or 3:00, rather than risk missing you.

Mike W.