Pogie instructions

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Pogie instructions

Post by Mike W. »

There was some interest in Bob's pogies at the Armada. So, here is a link to his instructions:

http://wwslalom.org/pogies/

I added a strip (kind of shaped like a boat-tailed bullet) to the top seam in the top pogie of mine. The point will be ahead of your knuckles, with the widest section at your knuckles. The reasons I added it are 1- It was tough to get the top one on & (more importantly) off :o . 2- It was a little snug across my knuckles. Making the wrist opening larger allows some water to get in. To drain the water I made the shaft hole a little larger. Now the water that comes in the wrist opening just runs down the shaft. I suggest making them according to Bob's patterns, then cut &/or add neoprene to get the perfect fit for you.

These are super easy to make & are much warmer than gloves. They also allow you to touch the paddle.

Don't use neoprene cement in the house if you're married :oops:

Thanks to Bob for sharing his pattern :D

Mike W.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well...

Post by PAC »

Are these the gloves that also teach you how to hand paddle? :) I noticed you were not using them when you were showing off at the Armada! :o
Thanks Mike! :wink:
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

whoops

Post by Mike W. »

Gloves? I don't need no stinkin' gloves. Real men paddle with their bare hands!

The pogies actually help me hold on to the paddle. I should have been using them at the Armada! By the way, I was not showing off. I was just trying to keep the boat upright after that paddle-snake attacked :oops: . If I had made the twice attempted hand-roll y'all would not have known that I had been attacked :wink: . I know that I should have tried a few more times for that hand-roll.

Thanks to Kalin for the valiant paddle search. To PAC for fishing my wet self out of the river. To Rock for returning my beloved Mitchell. Thanks to everyone for not laughing too much at me. My forearms are still sore from holding the paddle so tightly AFTER I got it back :lol:

Do I have to change my screen-name to Butterfingers now?

Mike (Butterfingers) W.