WS Mutant

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pete witucki
c

WS Mutant

Post by pete witucki »

I mean, look at this boat: http://www.eddyflower.com/ShowBoat.aspx?BoatId=279 ?! Has anyone here converted one of these? It has been nagging me for a while - the effortless pivot turns are a huge advantage in a C1, but a creek kayak that gets endered all the time is... unfortunate.

I can't help but think with the weight-distribution discretion in the C1, the Mutant could be an interesting boat... tight turns. Besides, that flare behind the cockpit is vaguely reminiscent of something...

Thoughts?

-p
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

I think the Mutant was apoor kayak and probably the same as a C1. If you can get one for cheap why not, but probably wouldn't spend much $ on one. If you go for it give us all some feed back.
Good Luck
B
pdown2
C Guru

Post by pdown2 »

I got to disagree strongly, I paddle with a butt boater that is incredible in that boat. From what I've seen that is a killer boat........looks funny as hades but it'll get down.
pblanc
CBoats Addict

mutant

Post by pblanc »

Second that. I can't paddle C1, but I thought the Mutant to be an excellent creek kayak.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Two words: Necky Blunt
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

Boats don't make paddlers, paddlers make paddlers. Obviously paddling a boat that is poorly sized will change this however if you are a really good paddler you can do it in almost any boat. Just my thought.
B