Esquif Factory Pump

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Esquif Factory Pump

Post by oopsiflipped »

Mine is awful. It is incredibly slow and the connection from the battery to the pump broke after a few uses. Have others made the same mistake of buying a factory outfitted Esquif with a pump?
driftwood
C Guru

yep

Post by driftwood »

I have had the same problem, Can be fixed easily if you take apart the connectors and clean them on occasion. I keep a brilo pad in my gear bag and give the plug a scrub when it is slow to get the build up off. usually works.

J. Wood
Will dance for rain
Jim P
C Guru

hardwire as much as possible

Post by Jim P »

Cleaning the connections will help a lot. In the environment you are working in they will corrode quickly.

Get rid of as many tab connectors as possible - hard solder everything you can, to the battery, the switch etc.

Check the intake to be sure things are not obstructed. I've pulled river snails, leaves, sticks all sorts of debris out when things got slow. If things get in past the strainer, the impeller should make a racket to tell you things are not right. The bad news is the factory pumps are mounted in the saddle - if stuff gets past the strainer you've got work to do. If you end up taking it out, mount it somewhere else - behind the saddle - to your on-side.

How big a boat are you pumping? Perhaps a second pump wired in parallel would be in order?

Is the battery past its prime?
watrwzrd
Pain Boater

Post by watrwzrd »

Most of the time its the raggedy battery buy a brand new one I am sure it will help and yep take it apart and see if some trash is in the pump or hose
oc ender
C Guru

battery

Post by oc ender »

I haven't had any issues with my pump,3 yrs and pumpin' strong.
That wasn't carnage,watch this...