Nunavut Day!!!!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Just a Friend

Nunavut Day!!!!

Post by Just a Friend »

..my girlfriend told me it was nunavut day and although i am in california right now i can imagine how much fun those crazy canadians are having ....and i emphasize this....eh!!!

later

Remember you can pick your friends
And you can pick your nose but
You Cant pick your friends nose

uneekmi@yahoo.com
Space Canoe
C Guru

WELL....

Post by Space Canoe »

C'mon uneek!
What in heck is a "Nuna" and how do you vut it?
Further explanation is desired;
RT
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Post by NZMatt »

Howdy Ric

Not sure if you are being serious or not? :) Anyway, Nunavut is the newest province (I think that's the wrong term, but I'll use it anyway) of Canada. It's in the far far north east of the "NOrthwest Territories" - see the map at http://www.arctictravel.com/maps/nunamap.html.

The Nunavut Government website is http://www.gov.nu.ca/

They even have a movie out in the Inukituk language - I think it's called The Fast Runner and I thought it was kind of cool - just don't believe the dust jacket.

Matt
Space Canoe
C Guru

WELL....

Post by Space Canoe »

Matt;
I WAS curious, actually. So basically it's an entire day to celebrate a new "state's" entry into the Canadian conglomerate, huh?
Bryce also answered in another post; it was pretty cute about the illegal vanilla extract.

I actually saw "Fast Runner" in a theater. It was pretty impressive on the big screen, especially the part where the guy had to run naked across the ice floes; man, I hope they got that in one take and paid him a lot of salmon for it (Tee Hee)!
Anyway, thanks, I'll check out the websites as well;
RT
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

COol!

Post by NZMatt »

Good stuff Ric - I only got ton see Fast Runner on video. You really gotta be impressed by those shots though. BRRRRR!

Matt

PS. Was it you who made the treats that were passed around at the Potomac Armada? I seem to recall something like that. I'd love to get the recipe for those if you have one. They were yummy!