Alert to MD / VA Paddlers!!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Alert to MD / VA Paddlers!!

Post by Sir Adam »

I'm heading down to Bethesda, MD on business, and just so happen to be staying the weekend :o . Saturday I'll most likely hang out with friends of mine (the host of this site, actually :D ), but SUNDAY I'd be HAPPY TO BOAT. I'll be picking up the Magnet from Angie, so that's what I'll be in, but I'm more looking to get on the water (and whitewater at that!) than anything else. It's REALLY dry up here in the Northeast right now :cry: (with the exception of the epic storm that just passed through :D ).

Post here, or e-mail me if you might be paddling, or want to paddle (Angie might be headed out somewhere too...we'll C!)
Keep the C!
Adam
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Sir Adam of Cboats-on-the-river,
I'll be in WV if its raining, perhaps around the Morgantown area, or maybe the Tygart. If you want to drive a little ways let me know and I'd be glad to hook up and do some boating. That is, if you don't mind one of those inferior lowdown scummy...ugh...KAYAKERS taggin along. He's a kind "person" though, if you could bear to call him that. Anyways, perhaps we'll see you around.
Will
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Also....

Post by PAC »

Adam
Kneal and wife are heading in to the Ohiopyle area this weekend to paddle with me, and maybe Warren (if he ever comes out of those WV rivers)!
It's a bit of a drive (3.5 hours) from the DC area but if your interested let me know. If you want I can email you my cell number!
That's a lot of driving for one weekend so if you stay in the DC area I'm sure you'll find someone to paddle with! Just head to the feeder canel or falls and hang out! :)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Join us!

Post by KNeal »

Yah! What PAC said :D ! It would be great if you could find a way over the weekend to make the drive, paddle with us, then go on your merry way 8) .

KNeal
SaraC

Boating locally

Post by SaraC »

Sir Adam-we're in Frederick-not far from Bethesda. (about an hour away - the Shenandoah/Potomac are both running at a PRIME.....PRIME.....PRIME play level!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 miles of continuous playing and we have the XXX if you really want to get down and "boogie"-will be boating if not one, both days. Welcome to stay if you need a place as well...
home-301-845-7020
Sara work-410-730-3939
J. work-301-336-7700
Would love to paddle w/you!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

So many choices!

Post by Sir Adam »

I'll give you or J a call later today, SaraC!

Thank you for the offers everyone else...I'll keep y'all (it is y'all down here, right?) in mind!
Keep the C!
Adam
Camille
c

west virginia

Post by Camille »

Joey and I are in west va. right now. we bailed on canada- after 2 months of driving canada was just 2 much.
but, on the bright side: we've stopped in wva for a few days. we'll probably be in the fayetteville area until at least tuesday. the new/gauley are both options.
kneal: maybe you should drive through this way "on the way" home???? we'd love to paddle with ya!

camille
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Feel like a *short* drive?

Post by Sir Adam »

By your cross-country standards anyway? It looks like J, Sara, I, and others will be doing a bit of local paddling on Sunday...interested? (anyone else? I think SaraC's currently threatening the Shenandoah).
Keep the C!
Adam