Ordering a OC-1 from Robson

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

SandyO
Pain Boater

Ordering a OC-1 from Robson

Post by SandyO »

I am trying to work a deal with Robson to buy a Holmes OC-1. My question is does anyone have experience shipping boats from Europe? I have a shipping price but they (Robson) can't tell me how much the US taxes or customs charges may be in addition to the shipping charge? I am trying to find this information out before I buy.

thanks,
Sandy
rcgalwa
Pain Boater

Post by rcgalwa »

I brought a boat back from Canada in March, and there was no duty charged on canoes when I went through customs.
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Hi Sandy!

Post by billcanoes »

If it's less than $2500.00 in 2005 you didn't need a customs broker but it was suggested you have one- I paid about $300 for the customs broker but my orders were about 8k - the tax on the boats themselves was very little 3% or less, though battleships had no tax. If I remember, it was a formal declaration because it was over $2500. You might have a different tax rate filing informally, and I think the paperwork is less extensive

I would recommend contact ERA in Bryson city who imported the finks, unless you're getting a screaming deal. You'll be there in a few weeks anyway right.
philinasheville
C Guru

Post by philinasheville »

There's one for sale in Asheville NC for $1600. If you're located anywhere near Asheville this may be what you're looking for. My brother knows how to get in touch with the seller. PM him, his cboats name is Atucky