beginner c-1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

j.m.
C Boater

beginner c-1

Post by j.m. »

Looking for a good creekboat or river running kayak to convert to a c-1. I am 5'10" 210 lbs. Anone have any suggestions on a boat and who is the best person to outfit it. Thanks
insolence
CBoats Addict

Post by insolence »

hi!

Maybe try the Robson Finkenmeister? It is a C1 and has a volume of 300 l , it could fit your weight as a creek boat. A lot of paddlers like its performance.
it's gettin hot
I MAKE THE WATER BURN
purple orange flames
blaze where I put my paddle
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

There are probably a lot of boats that would qualify these days - search this forum for "conversion" or check out the boat gallery under "conversion". As specific example, though, I think the Dagger GT/GTX would make a good all around boat and suitable to learn in. [If I come across a hull cheap, I might convert one myself.]

And as for who to have outfit it, most of us have muddled through that ourselves. THere are lots of tips on this board. Post where you are, though, and you might find someone in your area who can help out.
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

If you want a new boat, I think the ReMix looks sweet. I've seen them as kayaks and I hear Bernie is rocking one these days.