1987 blue hole sunburst?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

mtnfir
c

1987 blue hole sunburst?

Post by mtnfir »

Hey all, I am wanting to get some feedback on a 1987 Blue hole sunburst. My situation is this, I need a boat by next weekend, a buddy of mine is coming into town for a weekend of paddling and I got nothing. not one dern boat. There is a local sunburst , rated a 6 out of 10 in its condition for about fourhundred dollars. I know nothing about this boat and its reputation, what it is good for and what it is not. What can you all tell me about it. I used to paddle a probe 12 2 but done wore it out. Any feedback would be helpful. Or for that matter so would a line on a probe 12 2 or an outrage x
Thanks
Carl
Carl
Louie

Is it Red or Marrone?

Post by Louie »

Sunburst I was a POS but would be worth havin as a collectors item

Sunburst II was and is a good boat but the price seem a little high.
philinasheville
C Guru

Post by philinasheville »

Carl,

I may have a line on a very nice red probe 12 2 in Knoxville (airbags and all). Let me get back to you on it. Also, if you're paddling on the Nantahala this weekend you may be able to call NOC and reserve a boat to demo (rent) they charge $40 or something. It might be better to pay the $40 vs $400 for a boat you don't really want.

Phil
talker
c

Post by talker »

There's a Sunburst I in my garage. It's not a dry boat but it paddles sweet.

I always thought the Sunburst IIs were top heavy and didn't handle nearly as nice as the originals. I'd rather bail the I more often than horse the II around.

If I were more of a doer these days instead of a talker, I'd pick another Sunburst I up for canoe camping with the significant other.