Jackson Kayak C1's

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Jackson Kayak C1's

Post by cbcboat »

So I contacted Jackson today about purchasing shells for outfitting as C1. Thay said they do sell just shells, but for only $100 less, not a very good deal. The fellow I talked to encouraged me to send Eric an email expressing my opinion about prices and such, so I did. I am now encouraging you all to do the same. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to search around for the boat you would like to get on the used market and be able to get a new on at a reasonable price. If a bunch of Cboaters let these companies know that we exist and are interested in getting some of their boats they may consider a more reasonable price. Maybe we could even convince one of these companis to start molding C1 pedestals again. So please shoot of an email to Jackson or whatever company you would like to get a boat from and lets take over the world... or just get boats at a fair price.
Thanks
B
philinasheville
C Guru

Post by philinasheville »

I sent an email to Liquid Logic on Saturday regarding the Remix 79. No word back, but I'd love to try one out!

Phil
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

Same here, I just priced an Everest shell and they told me 1000+ shipping. NO THANKS.
Larry
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

I spoke to Liquidlogic too and they would have done it - but then the european distributor refused to sell a shell :evil:
imagine
wetnobby

Post by wetnobby »

Its swings and roundabout on this one....
I was told i could have an Allstar shell but it would be special order and could take a few months via the normal supply routes...

I did'nt wait....so i now have a full set of brand new outfitting tucked away. It does not concerm me much as C1s can be hard to sell and get good money for if i ever decide to sell such a great boat, it will be re-outfitted as a Kayak.

It will sell quickly and easily...
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

simple... buy used with the kayuk outfitting... use it... abuse it... resell it as a kayuk.

granted this is harder said than done with a brand new model but if they don't want your money now... ta' he11 with 'em
Last edited by Craig Smerda on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

the only problem with that is, most modern creekboats break after one or two seasons.
Larry
TY
c

Post by TY »

Pyranha has good prices on shells. I got a new shell for about 300 dollars less than the fully outfitted 'yak version. HTH, ty