A few C1 shots from the Great Falls Race

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

A few C1 shots from the Great Falls Race

Post by CosmikDebris »

Go to http://lvmtv.lvmvideo.com for a little video with some highlights from the Great Falls race. A few good C1 shots in there. Enjoy.
Will
Atucky
CBoats Addict

awesome Will

Post by Atucky »

Great Falls Va is my hometown. Had I known, I could've killed 2 birds with a hometown visit, and watch the race. Maybe next year.
Adam Trunnell
Drew W.
Pain Boater

Post by Drew W. »

Ryan Bahn's runs were sik, that guy's really fast!
there was a guy behind me on the rocks below grace filming that yelled "take that you f***ing kayakers!" as ryan ran by during his first run and launched himself off the little ledge thinger at the bottom, it was pretty great.

fyi, lvm mentions there was only one swim, they weren't there for the even sketchier one right as the prelims were getting started
boater dropped into the meat of grace backwards, pitoned, blew his skirt, rolled up, then got pinned on a rock downstream and swam. Damned near went over twist and shout, fortunately he was able to self-rescue by swimming into a weak shallow hole next to Hollywood blvd. and stand up to get on the rocks above it and the few of us who were out there already (safety wasn't set yet, it was pretty early) were able to rope him back to the flake. I think I heard he got his boat and paddle back undamaged!

Also a guy backferried around above the top of twist and shout. Not sure if he knew exactly what he was doing or had no idea what was below him, clearly wasn't phased by it though which was kinda crazy and really sketchy.
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Sorry I wasn't around to witness Ryan again this year. Every time I paddle with him, every single time, he does something so athletic that I can hardly understand what he just did.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Alden, I hear Ryan is bringing the heat down with him from DC next weekend for the LVM Giant Slalom. Apparently Hepp is bringing some warmth from Charlotte too, hopefully Cluck will be there and maybe even Brian Miller... I think you should come down, the race isn't over Gorilla since the water's so low so you really have no excuse. Go ahead and tie your boat on Ryan's car.

The guy that yelled "take that you @#$ing kayakers" was me, haha. Ryan plowed over that ledge, I love it. I didn't even know about the first swim, I just saw some pictures on the internet though, didn't look like fun. LVM must suck at reporting.
Drew W.
Pain Boater

Post by Drew W. »

Cosmik,

had I known I would have introduced myself, that was awesome! I'm just getting into the scene here after being around for a year or so, probably be at the upper yough fest next weekend. Lemme know if you'll be there and I'll look for you, I'll be chillin' with sean devine/geoff calhoun/etc. and the rest of the crew from DC.

Alden,

thanks for letting me borrow your boat for a test fit (by way of maggie and sean). You've clearly got a narrower waist than I do, but it at least let me figure out whether or not the cockpit rim would jam my thighs, I picked up a large burn that I'm in the middle of converting now (only $600 and might as well be new, score!)

Cheers,
Drew
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Will,

Wait, there's a GS race on the Green? When?

Drew, anytime. Glad you liked the boat.

Alden
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Next weekend. No racing over Gorilla cause it's so low, so you really have no excuse. Come down early and get a practice run or something....
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Oh man! That sounds fun, but . . .

Um, in case anyone's interested, I'll be at Zoar Outdoor for the Deerfield Fest next weekend signing books!

Should be almost as much fun as racing down the Green!

Alden