Open boats I saw on the Ocoee.

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

Open boats I saw on the Ocoee.

Post by Louie »

These are ones I saw this Saturday and by mean are the whole list but I though the break down was kinda interestin.

4 Esquif Teaureau's
1 Esquif Dentenator
1 Savage Spanish Fly
1 Savage Skeeter
1 Dagger Ocoee
1 Whitesale ( I know a real odd ball, but Nolean was paddlin it).

I did see an Mad River Outrage on a truck but I think they might have just been sight seein
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Sunday I saw:

3 Ocoees
2 Mad River Outrages
1 huge old school mad river
1 spark (me)
1 Mohawk Viper 11
1 Esquif Tureau
Bill M
C Guru

Fridays OC's

Post by Bill M »

Friday I saw
1 Whitesell
1 Ocoee (Bell)
1 Outrage, me
All in our group.
Bill
eubie
C Boater

Post by eubie »

I wasn't there Friday, but if I had, you'd have seen me in a teal Prophet.

We were there in late June. We got caught in a "surge" Saturday evening. Luckily for me I was rowing a Puma. Still got flipped at Double Suck
Louie

if you ever want to sell it let me know

Post by Louie »

I know Fantettii love it but Bailey even outfitted them backward to get better boatin out of it. I sayed in an Encore whole Bailey went thru Profits, and I got one about three months before the Ocoee came out.
eubie
C Boater

Post by eubie »

I started in an Outrage, which I liked until I got in the Prophet. Prophet's not quite as fast, but is drier and more stable, great for bit drops and big waves.

If I had to go buy a new boat, I'd probably get an Outrage. Tried a Detonator the other day, very slow. If I ran creeks alot, it would be great.,
Louie

Post by Louie »

have you tried a zoom?
Deb R
C Boater

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

Post by Deb R »

I went from an Outrage to an Ocoee. I really liked the Outrage until I tried the Ocoee which was way snappier and a lot more fun.

I just got a brand new Zoom for my birthday (thanks, Rod!) and so far I'm loving it! It's quite a hotrod, and pivots into every turn. It's also a nice dry boat and pops up like a little cork from waves and holes. It sticks like glue to a surf, and I've never been any good at holding surf waves. Maybe I'll have to learn to roll now.

There's not much of a learning curve if you've paddled (and liked) an Ocoee, at least that's what I've found so far. Of course my experience is based on New England rivers, and nothing above III+, so translate that to southern rivers anyway you can...
bradpr
c

Zephyr

Post by bradpr »

Anyone ever seen an Esquif Zephyr on the Ocoee? Will this boat handle the Ocoee?
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I haven't been to the Ocoee in years, but if you can handle the Ocoee, the boat can.
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

I've paddled my Zephyr on the Ocoee. It did just fine.
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Ocoee and Zephyr my 2 cents

Post by Wendy »

The two spots I had to watch were the boof into Flipper (less stern rocker than Ocoee) and Tablesaw. Midway thru Tablesaw the stern hit a rock twice I had never felt before on the right to left line.
Crunchy
C Boater

Brad

Post by Crunchy »

I paddled the Ocoee for the first time Sunday in a Zephyr.
It is a great boat!
I took on water at Broken Nose and Tablesaw but not really a lot.
The boat rides the waves great!
I came to hades Hole and ran the meat of it dry.
I think you'll love it.
Crunchy
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I hope to get over there the last weekend in August. It's been about 5 years since I was there last, so it will almost be like a first time :lol: Plan to bring the Zephyr, hope to paddle a Spanish Fly, too. Anybody going to be there?
KAYAKN
c

Post by KAYAKN »

So do you all have the new thicker hull? Im think about buying a Zephyr and i just didnt want one with the thinner hull. I can pick up a demo that i have been the only one to demo for around 1,100.00 Someone told me the serial #'s ending in 06 or 07 are the problem boats. Do you all have the thinner boats and have you had any problems out of them. I do know one open boater that had a 07 and the whole stern cracked. They sent him a new boat and its 6 pounds heavier and he hasnt had any problems and cant tell the extra weight.