Method Air to C-1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

John Anderson
c

Method Air to C-1

Post by John Anderson »

I'm wondering if anyone has modified a Perception Method Air to a C-1. If so, please send opinions and information. Thanks
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well

Post by PAC »

I have not seen or heard of one as a C but the reports I have heard from the kayakers make it sound like it might be worth a try! Let us know how it goes! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

If I remember right...

Post by KNeal »

If I remember correctly, the c-1 paddler from Perception (I can't remember his name) paddled a converted Method Air back around 1999/2000, or whenever the boat was new on the market. I snagged the boat from him up at Potomac Fest and ran off to the river with it and tried it out. I remember that the boat was quite short, hard to keep the nose from diving, difficult to ferry, and the outfitting was too tight :x ! Oh wait. The outfitting issue probably had something to do with me being wider and heavier :o . Basically, back in its day, it was a really good playboat--very quick to swap ends, fast to maneuver in a hole, slicey ends. Naturally, I didn't have the best time in it, as I am more of a larger boat person (love that glass :D !).

If you can get one to outfit and use as a playboat then get it and have fun in it. I would think for a plastic jug boater, buying one cheap is worthwhile.

KNeal