Bliss-Stick Mac

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

fez
CBoats Addict

Bliss-Stick Mac

Post by fez »

Hi,

has someone converted one and can tell me something about it ?
Thanks & Cheers

Frank
imagine
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Don't know about the MAC as a C1, but a friend had one as a yak for.
He HATED the thing, and I have never seen him paddle as badly and blow as many rolls as in the MAC.
He could not get rid of it fast enough.

Just my 2 cents.

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

Have to agree with Martin, don't think its a great design. You would be better of with something like a Hoss, similar idea better design.
Good Luck
B
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

puh, really ? :o But I wonder why ?
A friend of mine loves it and looking on its lines I thought it could be a fine C1...
imagine
orky
C Boater

Post by orky »

i hate the mac as a k1 wouldnt even touch it.never met any one who has liked it.the hukas a grand boat and scud and mystic are brilliant
HIPPOSTAN
C Boater

Post by HIPPOSTAN »

Hey, I have just converted a mystic and it paddles fantastic. Not sure about the mac personally but I have heard that you could do much better than the mac.
I'm very happy with the mystic and totally stoked that I saved and waited.
Take your time and find exactly what you want and save your money while your looking.
If you love the boat you buy, you'll paddle much more relaxed and be able to pull off hard moves better.
Good hunting
cheers
HIPPOSTAN
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

Hi Hippostan,

no worries, I´m having two boats. I was just looking on my friends Mac and thinking about getting maybe a third boat for more sportive riverrunning than in my Nomad 8.1. :lol:

What i like about the Mac are the defined rails, they look like they could give you a lot of fun. The flat hull is also looking like it would be surfing good. But maybe I will take a Funkymaster...

Cheers Frank
imagine
HIPPOSTAN
C Boater

Post by HIPPOSTAN »

Hey Frank,
I also found the Bliss stick "blitz special" awesome fun to paddle and you can find these around fairly easy, cheap and still in great condition.
They have great lines, and I swear the person who designed them was a C1 boater because I'm still unsure how anyone could fit there feet in the bow without snapping them off and putting them in the stern.

cheers
HIPPOSTAN
kuba

czech guy riding Mac as C1

Post by kuba »

check his site: http://eda.vodaci.cz/