Looking for a GOOD C1 for Creeking

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

jdschall
C Boater

H2/H3 at 195#?

Post by jdschall »

What size H2 / H3 should I look for at 195# nekid weight? I'm guessing my geared weight would be closer to 210 or 215. I suppose the 255 would be the pick of the litter?

I'm seriously considering selling my Y and going the H2/H3 route for the same reasons listed above. The Y has its pros and I completely agree with James on its boofablity and resurfacing capiblities. With the flat hull it will surf and spin pretty well too (is this a positive trait for a creeker?) But the primary stability sucks and the secondary stabilty seems weak unless you are at speed. I've had lots of trouble keeping a lean with it peeling out of small eddies where you don't have much momentum before you hit the moving current. I've also had trouble on easy but squirrelly stuff and I think that is because my knees weren't spread far enough apart to have good balance. After that glowing review if any one would like a Y I'll let mine go for $350US. Its currently in k1 configuration. I believe its crosslink as well.

Dave
Flailing offside since 2000!
dillonpro
Pain Boater

Sunday-Monday on the Ocoee

Post by dillonpro »

Tim,
Were you hanging out at Double Trouble, Flipper or Hellhole? If so, When I get a chance to go through all my video footage I'll see if I can find you.
LarryD
Timzjatl
C Guru

Post by Timzjatl »

I am 150lbs, and wouldn't want a smaller creek boat than a H2 245. Definitely go with the 255 for bigger people.
Larry-
I was at Flipper, hades Hole, and a short stint at Doube Trouble. I'll be hard to miss in a bright green vibe, sparkly blue helmet. Let me know when you come this way again, we'll hook up. Glad you got the paddle and you were pleased, by the time you got it you might as well have waited and gotten it from me on your trip :D

Tim
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

.....eyeball Robson's Charger once. It has potential. A good company that doesn't get much press. I can testify to the quality of their plastic as well. They will also sell their boats without the kayak seat, etc. for C-boaters... cool.

Craig
jdschall
C Boater

My Dream creek boat...

Post by jdschall »

My dream creek boat would be a skeeter with a c1 cockpit and a skirt! High volume, stable, manueverable, good length for punching holes, decent boof, fun, and DRY! Probably would be pretty heavy though.

Dave
Flailing offside since 2000!
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Ok, do all yerselves a favor and buy a LL Huck. This boat is awesome, hands down, no questions asked, no doubt about it. I've only had it on a few local III-IV creeks but I have never felt as comfortable in a boat. This thing carves into the smallest of eddies, boofs without a paddle stroke, is as stable as....it's dam stable. I'm at 150 and feel that it would be good probably up to about 170-80. Hard to demo, but if you find one cheap buy it. You won't be dissappointed. Just my $5.00 worth.
-Will
TESS

Big Gun

Post by TESS »

I personally don't have experience w/it-but since J. can't get on the C-forum from home I figured I'd put my 2 Cts. worth in and tell you that he would have absolutely NO OTHER CREEK BOAT than the Riot Big Gun!!!!!!! An AWESOME, AWESOME boat!!! He also has the technics to convert it relatively quickly (founder of team ETC outfitting)-for more info you can reach him by phone - 301-845-7020 or email him-painboater@hotmail.com.
Good luck!
T
Don Williams

Finkenmeister

Post by Don Williams »

Last spring there was a bit of discussion about the Finkenmeister from Robson, but no one had paddled it or even seen one in the flesh. The stats would seem to indicate that it would be a very nice creek boat, lots of volume but much shorter than the Cascade.

Length Width Height Volume Weight Cockpit
277 cm 73 cm 35 cm 280 Liter 19,2 kg 58x55 cm
9' 2" 28.75" 13.75" 74 gal 42 lbs 23" x 22"

So, does anyone have some first hand info on it? Or even something from a friend of a friend? Since I think it is the only purpose built tupperware C-1 in production it would be nice if it could rack up some sales.