2009 Cboats Calendar

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

2009 Cboats Calendar

Post by adkSara »

It's that time of year again! Sir Adam is cracking the design whip over my head to make sure the calendar will be out in time to make great holiday stocking stuffers! Last year's photos were incredible and I can't wait to see where and what everyone's been paddling.

So here is the outline for submitting to the calendar. We keep learning quite a bit during the process of putting together each calendar, so please read our list carefully and follow directions!

If you have a photograph or photographs that you would like to be considered for the calendar, please follow the 6 steps below.

1) SIZE: Make sure each photograph that you send is a MINIMUM of 4x6”. Vertical or horizontal photographs are accepted so dimensions must be: 4” wide x 6” tall for vertical images or 6” wide x 4” tall for horizontal images. Any images that are smaller than that WON'T be considered for the calendar.

2) RESOLUTION: Double check the image resolution for each photograph. It should be a MINIMUM of 300 dpi for the 4x6” image. Saving the image as a jpeg works great!!!

3) LABELS: Each photograph that you submit must have the following information: Paddler (first & last name(s)), River (state, province or country as applicable), and photographer (first & last name – if you are the photographer – write your name!!)
Any photographs that are not labeled correctly or are missing information WILL NOT be considered for the calendar. Adam & I simply don't have the time to chase down information even if the photograph is amazing.

4) NUMBER of ENTRIES: You can submit as many images that you would like, however be aware that we are going to try to showcase as many shots, photographers, and rivers as possible. Also try to keep in mind that if you want to make sure I stay sane as I design this calendar - choose & send the BEST photographs you've got - not ALL the photographs you've got.

5) WHERE to EMAIL: photos@cboats.net, please put 2009 Calendar as your email subject line otherwise the spam filters may sift your email out.

6) DUE DATE: October 1, 2008 midnight.

I’ve got some great ideas for layout of the calendar this year to keep showcasing more than just 12 images! So send in those awesome shots and please help us out by following these six guidelines…

Keep the cheer & happy paddling. :D
ADK Sara
adkSara
adkSara
C Guru

Great Photos!

Post by adkSara »

We've got some great photographs already in for this year's 2009 calendar!

Remember this is a way to show off your awesome paddling shots and help support the hosting and maintenance of Cboats.net. Keep the photographs coming - you've got a whole month and 1/2 to submit images.

Thanks so much! Can't wait to see more.
ADK Sara
adkSara
SpringsOC

Post by SpringsOC »

Any news on when the 2009 calender will be out? I am looking for xmas presents ....
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

We're aiming for "Black Friday" (the day after Thanksgiving) to have it available.

Thank you for your patience:)
Keep the C!
Adam
av8r

How to order the CBoat Calendar?

Post by av8r »

Please let me know how to order the 2009 CBoat calendar.
Thanks.
Plumbpass
C Boater

Post by Plumbpass »

Is it ready yet!? :D
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Just posted that it is ready, and the link. You can also click on the "CBoats.net Store" in the upper-right of your screen to see the Calendar, and other great items!

Thank you all for your submissions...enjoy the Calendar 8)
Keep the C!
Adam
cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

cool .... i made the calendar! my daddy will be so proud of me!

I rodered two already.

it would be nice to see a little bit bigger image or at least be able to read the paddler/photographer portion.

Whats on the back cover?
Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

Thanks again for using two pictures from good ol' Europe in the calendar again (pics July and November).

Both pics were taken on the Vorderrhein in Switzerland at this years Euro Armada.

So, since I'm the photographer, I can tell you, cmnypny, what's written there:

July (large photograph)
Paddler: Angus Dickson
Vorderrhein
Switzerland
Photographer: Falk Bruder

November (large photograph)
Paddler: Claudius Loth and group
Vorderrhein
Switzerland
Photographer: Falk Bruder

Anyway, the collection of pictures is again amazing. Thanks to all the photographers and the 'models'...
"A canoe trip?" he said. "There ain't nothing to go down there for."
"Because it's there," Lewis said.

(James Dickey, Deliverance)
Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

Just saw that the small August photo is one of mine too, great!

Paddler: Siggi Kunze, Location (again): Vorderrhein, Switzerland
"A canoe trip?" he said. "There ain't nothing to go down there for."
"Because it's there," Lewis said.

(James Dickey, Deliverance)
insolence
CBoats Addict

Post by insolence »

I have some more photographer/paddler information

march:
paddler large picture: Alexandre Besseau (or Bessan, can't remember), small one: Markus Hummel

July small picture : James Weir

--> all three pics shot by Sabrina Barm

small picture november:

Sabrina Barm training on Eiskanal, Augsburg,
--> shot by Kevin Prause

(as you can see, tanihwa, your lessons did their job to help the young&wild among the photographers make her way :wink: )
it's gettin hot
I MAKE THE WATER BURN
purple orange flames
blaze where I put my paddle
Otcanitro
c

Got my calandar and love it.

Post by Otcanitro »

Thanks