If it don't rain

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

If it don't rain

Post by Louie »

the first trip of ALF will be Cheoah, easy class III with a couple of IV's It can be made solid class III by puttin in below the good stuff at top and the good stuff at bottom. The Canadians will feel right at home not creeky at all sorta a smaller scale big water run. More good news also American Kayaker won't be coverin the event.
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Hopefully we will get plenty of rain. But if we don't...

I will be glad to lead a couple of trips down the Green Narrows. There is a nice II-III (IV) section above the Narrows that a lot of people could enjoy. Everyone could put-in at the powerhouse and run the upper and then those that want to run the narrows could keep paddling down.

Also, Rock Island will be running. I've been going there this winter and will be glad to take a group there. It is a big powerful hole that can be intimidating but hey, if you're used to the Ottawa it will be a piece of cake.

Also, folks have been running Little River Canyon Suicide Section at low water a lot lately. Phil could probably lead a trip down there. The point being that even without rain there should be some good options.
Louie

OK

Post by Louie »

If you get a chance to boat with Dooley take it, it is a pleasure to watch him. Also for the middleage lady canoers, his dad is pretty hot also, well that is what I am told, personlly I ain't never seen a good lookin man. Thanks Dooley havin been gone three months this time and with a new baby girl at the house I ain't seen but for three weeks I am goin to need all the help I can get. We need a long car ride I got a like a hundred rolls of film to tell you about for that photgraphic memory of your, and by the way you are goin to love Pinchalocogrino, and remember when you are thinkin where does louie find these people, that is same thing folk think when they see you on the water.
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Post by Cumnock »

Jumping in here...

I plan on leading some trips for ALF on the Walden's Ridge creeks

Here is the Agenda

If we get a good rain....
McGill Creek

Brush Creek

If we get alright rain

Piney River and or White's Creek

If we have a rain that is perfect...we will pick from the Waldens Ridge website and run something even better :)

All I ask is that you have a self-check and know your skill sets. The run(s) will be fast paced and NO greater than < 8 for some of the creeks with no long boats. Please no Captions or other type boats.You will need your creek boat.

www.waldensridgewhitewater.com
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

I'm not familiar with any of these creeks, my detonator small enough? 10'
Cumnock

Post by Cumnock »

Yes,

Can you paddle IV-V?

Mark

(working on a new handle ditchwitch ? :oops: )
kimmieOC1
C Guru

Re Green River Narrows

Post by kimmieOC1 »

Louie and Dooley, not sure if you're aware, but unless we get a fair amount of rain the Green Narrows and Upper Green may not be running.

They've drop the lake level to do repairs. It didn't run this past weekend and don't think it ran the weekend before. Word is it won't run until they've completed the repairs and lake level rises about 6 or 7 feet.

Just a heads up. But as you know "operational schedules are determined daily." We can cross our fingers. I know I'm ready for my pfd down the Narrows and with Dooley showing the lines and Louie showing me where to swim... well what more could a woman ask for. :wink:
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

ditchwitch wrote:Yes,

(working on a new handle ditchwitch ? :oops: )
DB, Da'B or DitchyB would be better.... who are you?

as for boating... wish lists are pretty useless, just come and there'll be trips.. this is the S.East and no one plans where, you just plan to go... LRC has been running, although below zero - which is harder (mo'dangerous) than positive inches

kimmieOC1 wrote: well what more could a woman ask for. :wink:

on the Green? A roll - or excellent self rescue... like Psyco says, if you gonna run Class5, you better be-able to swim Class5
(that'll be Verde to Louie)
Last edited by philcanoe on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cumnock

Post by Cumnock »

DB, Da'B or DitchyB would be better.... who are you?
yeah the real handle went down flames BOOM!

I tried my last name and it went down in flames too...I haven't heard back from the admin : )
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

honest ADMIN... Cumnock's a real name (google it)
Cumnock

Post by Cumnock »

btw...I do paddle with one blade...ummmmm it's my breakdown <looks>
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Adam asked him to swap the 'b' out.
cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Re: If it don't rain

Post by cmnypny »

Louie wrote:the first trip of ALF will be Cheoah, easy class III with a couple of IV's It can be made solid class III by puttin in below the good stuff at top and the good stuff at bottom. The Canadians will feel right at home not creeky at all sorta a smaller scale big water run. More good news also American Kayaker won't be coverin the event.
Would that be the boulder field that Craig and I refused to paddle last year.

There was no whay I was getting my battleship down that!

IMHO that is not an easy run for me!
Blog: http://cmnypny.blogspot.com/
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Monday, March 16th there is a low water release (300 cfs) scheduled for the Cheoah for me and the rest of the Class III peeps
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Sorry about the delay today Cumnock - I can't access this site from my day job (this site doesn't pay for itself, let alone the bills!), so it's only when I'm home for lunch on the rarity that happens, or in the mornings or evenings that I can deal with Admin duties....which is why I have a team of Moderator / Admins to help me out now:)

Of course, had we known how many blades you use.... :o
Keep the C!
Adam