C1 skirts FS on the AW page

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

jdschall
C Boater

C1 skirts FS on the AW page

Post by jdschall »

Check this out...

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/archive/article/958/

It says they have odd sizes for sale. I wonder what they mean about odd sizes?

Dave
Flailing offside since 2000!
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

Here's the email I received from AJ about the sizes of the skirts.

Thanks for your interest in the c-1 skirts. I'm not a c-1 paddler, so
I'm not too sure about skirt sizes. Here's what we have:

(2) XS Tunnel - XS cockpit (Snap Dragon)
(5) S Tunnel - XL Cockpit (Snap Dragon)
(1) S tunnel - Bomb proof cockpit (Snap Dragon)

(1) L Tunnel - C1 cockpit (Snap Dragon)
(3) XL Tunnel - L cockpit (Snap Dragon)
(5) XL Tunnel - XL cockpit (Snap Dragon)

(2) XL Tunnel - XL Cockpit (Mt. Surf)

All Snap Dragon skirts have a bungee rand.

Let me know if you're still interested!

Thanks for your support of American Whitewater

AJ McIntyre
Corporate Relations Director
American Whitewater
301-589-9453
aj@amwhitewater.org
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well...

Post by PAC »

I guess we'll find out together! :) I order two and AJ said she would ship them today. Once I receive them I'll post what's what from my order. Good price and to a good cause! Besides, like boats you can never have too many! Right?!?!?!?! 8)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
yarnellboat

skirt for me?

Post by yarnellboat »

Based on the above descriptions, can anyone help me identify a skirt that might fit me and a Dagger Cascade? My guess would be the skirt that indicates a C1 cockpit. I'm 5'10' 200lbs with a waist of 34" (36"?). Thanks in advance for any advice, Pat.
C1kelly
c

I'm not sure what they are...

Post by C1kelly »

I emailed AJ as well, and got back the above list. However, those sizes don't really match up with the manufacturer's fit lists. So I emailed back and asked for more information, including info from the manufactures about the differences between the different sizes.

For that snapdragon skirts, they should be size "C1XL" for cascades, atoms, slashers and others. Just an "XL" would be a keyhole shape for a number of different kayaks. So I asked if the skirts where "C1XL" or just "XL" or what.

Mountain Surf doens't even have an "XL" size.

The response I got was "They all say C1 L.., etc." That was all the clarification I got. However, there is no such thing as a "C1XS" so I still don't know. I asked if they were keyhole shaped, or rounded like a cascade cockpit, but there was no response to that question.

They may all be custom made skirts with the tunnels moved forward, etc. Who knows. Please let us know when you receive yours, so the rest of us know whether to jump on it or not.
_____
Chris
yarnellboat

awa skirts - they are C1

Post by yarnellboat »

Hi,

I received my skirt from AW. I ordered an XL cockpit, XL tube based on their list.

I got a SnapDragon skirt that is tagged deck: "C1XL" and tube: "XLarge" and "Whitewater Reinforced." And priced at $US 100. Product number appears to be SS-Sdd-19XLBLK.

The Snapdragon C1XL that they have does fit the Dagger cockpit (Cascade/Atom). It's a very tight fit, but it is a C1-shaped skirt. The XL tube is maybe slightly large for my 35" wasit, but the L tube probably would've been too snug.

For $US 25 I'm totally happy with it for the Cascade!

P.