Anyone see the new Paddler cboating article?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Alden
CBoats Addict

Anyone see the new Paddler cboating article?

Post by Alden »

(Or dare I say, "C the new article"?)

Pretty neat -- a former member of the "dark side" took up C-1 and set about debunking some of the uninviting notions surrounding cboating -- that it's painful, that outfitting is too hard, etc. This guy even claims he likes . . . well, you'll just have to read it!

Some great pictures of Joe Stumpfel as well!

Alden
Alden
CBoats Addict

Post by Alden »

Well, I guess not!

:D
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

I saw it and liked it. The part about being scared doing park and play probably had something to do with the lap belt. Decent thigh straps and knee straps or block would solve that problem.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

oopsiflipped wrote:I saw it and liked it. The part about being scared doing park and play probably had something to do with the lap belt. Decent thigh straps and knee straps or block would solve that problem.
I thought it was a decent article and commend Paddler for publishing it. Frankly if you want to see more C-related stuff in Paddler... send it in... they're hurting for good stuff in relation to our aspect of the sport. I'd like to see that "Joe the Intern" dood spend a weekend with Louie... now that'd be some entertainment.

I've mentioned to more than a few kayakers over the years that if they are bored with kayaking or think they've peaked... try C1'ing. Most won't though...

I was less than thrilled at the notion of a bunch of folks thinking that an airplane lapbelt is standard fare in C1 outfitting though... and I'm one that uses one. They work great... but I've seen a few over the years in peoples boats that frankly scared the crap out of me. I saw no hipgrabbers in his outfitting and a few other things that made me scratch my head... in turn I was thrilled that the guy got such a kick out of tailoring his boats to fit him just right and that he has the "foam stoke" which equates to countless hours of making a block of foam into "something".

Now... if the article was an April Fools joke... :lol:
Louie

Post by Louie »

ya send him down here.
Izak
c

Post by Izak »

can anyone post a link of where i can find this article?
I wanna grow up to do nothing but to have fun.