Kayak to C1 conversion

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

playboater06
C Boater

Kayak to C1 conversion

Post by playboater06 »

So how much should I suspect to pay to to convert a kayak to C1?
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

There are so many options out there...

Begin by checking out the outfit section, choose yours and then ou can get an idea of the individual components price.

http://www.cboats.net/outfitting/

Anyhow, the boat itself is usually the more expensive part, a used one would sure save some $$$, already converted even better!

Good luck!

Marc.
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
semdoug
Pain Boater

Post by semdoug »

Not a conversion but I recently outfitted an empty hull Dagger Atom. I paid $60 for the hull and probably another $60 in outfitting. I did a modified fence post/bulkhead type of outfitting. The plastic fence post was $15 from Lowe's and the remaining $45 was in minicell and Weldwood.
AYockey
C Guru

Post by AYockey »

I am in the middle of my conversion using fencepost and bulkhead. I spent about $100 in foam and about another $50 for miscellaneous materials. The boat (FLuid Spice L) was nearly new for $500 with full kayak outfitting and free paddle with an extraneous blade where the T grip should be.

On the other hand I got a well worn LL Session a while ago, already converted, for about $275.
"The mark of a successful man is one that has sat at his favorite playspot all day without feeling guilty about it."
-Modified Chinese Proverb