School of hard knock. or the Yankees ain't goin like this

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

School of hard knock. or the Yankees ain't goin like this

Post by Louie »

Tellico 1.9 to 3.2 in the time it takes to do two miles of the Tellico. Seven open boaters and three butt boater we found. Pinchalocogringo 8th time in an open boat, Swiming Mexican first trime not bein the newbie ya they had 7 and three swim respectfuly, but they both ran Babies and PLG almost got a roll. Sure one kayaker lost his boat and another had 4 swims but they only used a rope on the first swim of the day, we talked thenm out of usin it again. Big water that just keep gettin bigger. Video will be on Youtube soon. I didn't swim but I was afraid if I did I would miss someone else. Was it too high for some in the group? Ya. Was it dangerous ? Ya. Were we irresposbale for not makin them take off, Ya. Did we get lucky and everyone survived, Ya. did a lot of people learn and improve,Ya. did everyone have a good time and were glad they went, Ya. would we do it again, You dam streight. Tomorrow it will be a very mamageable level.
Flying Fish
c

Post by Flying Fish »

Louie
Parts of the tribe could be there, it is on the short list I think. You going back?
mr. fish
"yes, that was me"
Louie

Post by Louie »

12 noon put in
Louie

Post by Louie »

It is a toss up flopin around in a hole doin dumb Kayak trick on the Nanty, racin through stick in Wisdonson or doin the Tellico at 2.2. Ya I guess it will be Tellico after all it is called whitewater.
Bill M
C Guru

Yesterday

Post by Bill M »

The middle Tellico was good too. Chris stopped and waved as he went by to meet you guys. 3 open boats, pouring rain and cool when we got there. It guit raining and the sun came out about 1/3 of the way down. River was coming up the entire 5 miles. The Tellico in July/August is a fine thing.
Bill
Louie

Post by Louie »

DICK'S DOG PASS AWAY LAST NIGHT SO WE ARE RUNNIN A HALF HOUR LATE 12:30 PUT IN
dixie_boater
C Guru

Summer Time on Tellico

Post by dixie_boater »

Catchin' it as the level rises and the sun comes out....mighty nice :D
Michael McCurdy