Holy Cow!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Holy Cow!

Post by Craig Smerda »

I can't believe there are 2000 topics on this forum already. I never look at that box when I log in... but tonight it said it... whew! All about c-boating with none of the off topic, ridiculous nonsense and drivvel you might find on other message boards. No foul language, trolls, or just plain fools that make you quit bother looking for good usefull information. Thanks to Adam and everyone who keeps the board running, fun and a respectful place to go in this mad insensitive fast food mentality world. I wonder what topic #2002 will be? .................thanks! :P
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

You're welcome!

Post by Sir Adam »

It IS nice to have a place with this much C discussion...and it's great to see our numbers grow (especially folks who 3 years ago were "new" to paddling now giving outfitting and technique advice!)

The Search feature is UNBELIEVEABLE at this point. There were a number of us (ConeBone, Brettal, PaddlePower, AYockey, and AdkSara come time mind immediately, though I know SBroam and others helped to) who moved the old CForum over here topic by topic. If you go back to the first 1000 or so posts you'll see few replies-but when you click on a topic you'll see the original post and ALL the replies right there.

At some point this winter I'm planning on running a search on every boat listed on CBoats to see how much "missing" information I can fill in.

Also interesting is the 100's of boats that have been sold or traded via this board!
Keep the C!
Adam
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Sir Adam and all the others, great Job you are doing :D ! Since I joined this really became my favotite board, everybody is helpful, there is no flaming as on other boards going on, I can only second Craig Smerda's post. :D
I hope it stays that way! :D

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Glenn
c

Post by Glenn »

I've often thought the same thing - no crap, just constructive talk about paddling. Great board! :lol:
Bruce Farrenkopf
CBoats Addict

Post by Bruce Farrenkopf »

As a once lonely C1er out here in California, I've finally found a home. I am on this site three or four times a week getting the warm fuzzies talking to my fellow C boaters. The lack of spray is also really welcome.
SYOTR,
Bruce
Kalin
Pain Boater

Great Job Sir Adam and Brettal!

Post by Kalin »

Thanks to Sir Adam, Brettal, Kenneth.....AND all the great C-boaters that contribute to the discussion! I LOVE this board! It has been a favourite for many years now.

I know that I haven't been posting very regularly lately but rest assured I stop in often to see what's new and I'm looking forward to sharing an eddy with you all soon.

Best Wishes,

Kalin of the Great White North 8)
Steward R

Post by Steward R »

I fully agree. Not that I have anything against Yakr's, but is fantastic to have a resource like this for OC, C-boaters.

I haven't posted often but do check in almost daily.

Thanks to everyone who participates.