Maxim Outfitting Complete Pics Inside....

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Maxim Outfitting Complete Pics Inside....

Post by horizongfx »

For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
Louie

Post by Louie »

ok which one is Alex's ?
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Post by horizongfx »

Uhhhh, Louie its all the same Boat, if Alex wants a boat he'll have to talk to Richard bout that Since I'm not "Team Mohawk" I had to Buy Mine.
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Alex's boat

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Louie Alex iis in the same boat as Matt wiating for the PE version which is getting closer everyday
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

who's on "team mohawk"?
Joe
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Post by horizongfx »

I hear they're hold team Trials On the Green and Cheoah Rivers.
If you don't get beat down too Bad you just Might Make it !
:wink:
JK
...........O
......(___|/____)
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

Shore is purty. Makes a dozen roses look just like a booger.
philinasheville
C Guru

Nice

Post by philinasheville »

Good looking boat. I would love to demo one soon. It's nice to see Mohawk back in the mix. Can't wait to see how the plastic Maxim does!

Phil
D-Caption
C Guru

Maxim Outfitting

Post by D-Caption »

Horizongfx, very nice job on the outfitting. Just wondering what type battery you chose for your pump. I HAVE BEEN USING SLA, little heavy but does a good job, last a long time. Have you had the little hot rod in the water yet, I've seen no scratches on it. Lived in Chatt. Town for several years but wasn't into paddlin like I am now, need to get back up that way for a weekend trip, miss the rivers up there. Good luck with the new boat. D-Caption
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Re: Maxim Outfitting

Post by horizongfx »

D-Caption wrote:Horizongfx, very nice job on the outfitting. Just wondering what type battery you chose for your pump. I HAVE BEEN USING SLA, little heavy but does a good job, last a long time. Have you had the little hot rod in the water yet, I've seen no scratches on it. Lived in Chatt. Town for several years but wasn't into paddlin like I am now, need to get back up that way for a weekend trip, miss the rivers up there. Good luck with the new boat. D-Caption
I use Lithium Ion 14.8 Volt 4250 Mah Inside a Pelican 1010 Micro case, entire package weighs about a pound.
I did have it on the water Saturday on a short 2 mile Stretch of the Cartecay Class II III-
I have'nt really posted a review of the Boat yet as I had to do some tweaking to the outfitting and I did'nt think it would be a fair review of the Boat as I had it outfitted originally.
Next time I paddle it, (after Thanksgiving) I will give everyone my Opinion Of the Little Maxim.
I can tell you that I like the boat, seems a little twitchy on the Initial Stability But I got use to that fairly quickly, tons of Secondary you can lean the little rascal to the Gunnels without flipping.
Like the Viper series I can see where the Maxim wants to be driven.
It feels Very Buoyant, across eddy lines and Punching through Holes, even with My 5'7" 235 Pound frame parked in it.
I was Pleasantly surprised By the Hull Speed for such a short boat.
I think it may be at least as Fast as the Viper 11 doesn't touch My Viper 12 But Not Bad for a shorty.
More to come as I spend Quality time with it.
...........O
......(___|/____)
D-Caption
C Guru

Maxim outfitting

Post by D-Caption »

Horiziongfx, just wondering where you got your battery? Thanks D-Caption
mr ray
C Guru

Re: Maxim Outfitting

Post by mr ray »

horizongfx wrote:I did have it on the water Saturday on a short 2 mile Stretch of the Cartecay Class II III-
I have'nt really posted a review of the Boat yet as I had to do some tweaking to the outfitting and I did'nt think it would be a fair review of the Boat as I had it outfitted originally.
Next time I paddle it, (after Thanksgiving) I will give everyone my Opinion Of the Little Maxim.
I can tell you that I like the boat, seems a little twitchy on the Initial Stability But I got use to that fairly quickly, tons of Secondary you can lean the little rascal to the Gunnels without flipping.
Like the Viper series I can see where the Maxim wants to be driven.
It feels Very Buoyant, across eddy lines and Punching through Holes, even with My 5'7" 235 Pound frame parked in it.
I was Pleasantly surprised By the Hull Speed for such a short boat.
I think it may be at least as Fast as the Viper 11 doesn't touch My Viper 12 But Not Bad for a shorty.
More to come as I spend Quality time with it.
Ooooweee, sure looks so nice! Nice clean work on the outfitting. As a 200# Viper 11 paddler I am looking forward to your feedback!

Ray
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Re: Maxim outfitting

Post by horizongfx »

D-Caption wrote:Horiziongfx, just wondering where you got your battery? Thanks D-Caption
http://www.batteryspace.com/polymerli-i ... thpcm.aspx
...........O
......(___|/____)