Chad Lewis's Karnali C-1 Conversion

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Chad Lewis's Karnali C-1 Conversion

Post by Cumnock »

click on the link

The Karnali makes a great C-1...its got just enough edge...but not enough to hammer you...and its fast

http://www.waldensridgewhitewater.com/f ... ?f=5&t=308
D-Caption
C Guru

chads Karnalie c-1

Post by D-Caption »

Hey Cumnock, just wondering what size boat, what is the saddle height. and how much does Chad weigh for comparison for the rest of us who might try the same boat. thanks D-Caption
Cumnock

Post by Cumnock »

Med Karnali...saddle is very low...Chad's weight I have no idea
Louie

Post by Louie »

I'd say 5' 11" 145 lb looks like a scarecrow, paddles like a demon.
D-Caption
C Guru

Chads new boat

Post by D-Caption »

Hey Louie, Is there any to get a deal on a Karnali un-outfitted for c-1 conversion like Woody does from L.L. Just wondering.By the way it was nice paddlin with you and Cris and family on the Tuck last summer. Sorry we didn/t spend more time with you but it looked like you had your hands full with family and didn/t wont to infringe on your family time. Hope to see you at ALF this spring. thanks D-Caption
Cumnock

Post by Cumnock »

Is there any to get a deal on a Karnali un-outfitted for c-1 conversion li
I think that is bad way to go. Here's why.

Who are you going to sell that boat to when you want something else? If you buy it with the kayak guts. Stick the outfitting back in it and you have a larger market to sell it to. Kayakers are a dime a dozen.

If not , who do have to sell it to?
Louie

Post by Louie »

D captain I was wrong when I told Chad to ask for one with no outfittin at all, I didn't want to have to weld up the pod holes from the factory butt boatin outfittin. However Cummie made a very valled point.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

That looks nice, wouldn't be surprised if he needed to move that seat forward a bit. Lots of people like these boats.
lagow8
Pain Boater

Post by lagow8 »

Hey Louie, I was wondering what Chad thinks about the Karnali? In comparison to the other boats he has paddled?

Thanks,
John
Louie

Post by Louie »

He loves it. He really liked the Gus but I think he likes this one best. Of course why wouldn't you love a boat you Dad got you for Christmas. His post Grad work is over soon and the Dad tit is goin to dry up.However with a 13 month old , 8, 13, 16 and a grand baby on the way the thing is kinda dry now.