GDI Does Tellico During Huckfest Pictures

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

horizongfx
CBoats Addict

GDI Does Tellico During Huckfest Pictures

Post by horizongfx »

For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
reecepaddles
c

Great pics Bob!

Post by reecepaddles »

Thanks for posting the pics , glad I could see them since I could not be there to paddle!
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

Post by Longboatin »

nice lines louie, bar the swim you bested everyone pictured.

What temps you guy have?
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

Nice pics. Alot of them too.
Hey, why don't you guys (except the real open boat) just put skirts on those things and get it over with? You're not fooling anybody, we can all see those are decked canoes. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm just sayin.
You know what they say about guys with long boats.............. I have a 16 footer!
Louie

Post by Louie »

well twenty years ago every one of us were in a coal barge like you paddle now and remember Lenghty, any of us will paddle your boat and you can paddle ours. Which one you want to start with? Unless you don't think you have the skills to handel some of the new and improved designs, but that is OK we were beginners once too,
Louie

Post by Louie »

Longboat thanks, I don't know for sure but I think it was like 25 or so that day, the reason for the fire. There was a cute Kayaker chick followin us and takin pictures so I was kinda showin out and we all know what happen when you show out.
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

I aint afraid of no short boat Louie. I just don't see any reason to use one. I had my same kennebec twenty years ago. I've gone thru plenty of smaller boats since but I still have that one. I guess I'm just smooth. 8) Now if you said thirty years ago that would be different cause I was in my first kids kayak then. Yes kayak, but I was 6.
You know what they say about guys with long boats.............. I have a 16 footer!
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Post by horizongfx »

Louie wrote:Longboat thanks, I don't know for sure but I think it was like 25 or so that day, the reason for the fire. There was a cute Kayaker chick followin us and takin pictures so I was kinda showin out and we all know what happen when you show out.
And she had Beer !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
Louie

Post by Louie »

Well thirty years ago I was in a Sunburst, i was 25and I have never even sit in a Kayak.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

:P [comments withheld] :P
Louie

Post by Louie »

No plese comment, I'm sure you didn't swim that weekend.....or boat.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Louie wrote:No plese comment, I'm sure you didn't swim that weekend.....or boat.
I'd rather have been with you guys on the Telli than freezing up here... so +1 for you. :D
malone
Pain Boater

Post by malone »

I do love paddling with GDI, what a bunch of crazy guys. He was just demonstrating to me how to properly exit and manage your gear, without help from the rest of your group. This way you do not jepordize anyone else. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks Louie, I learned more that day with GDI, than any day with an ACA Instructor.
Why don't they just call it AKA, as I have rarely seen an instructor in an open canoe?
I always feel safer after a safety brake :wink:

But what do I know about whitewater anyway, or safety? I'm sure someone will enlighten me. Heck, I may even learn to pull float planes properly :lol:
Go Big...
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Post by Cumnock »

without help from the rest of your group
Shawn , what are you talking about , I was there the whole time, talking (smack) to Louie the whole time.Giving support : )