GDI Does Tellico During Huckfest Pictures

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Post by horizongfx »

I'm just glad he didn't stand up.
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
malone
Pain Boater

Post by malone »

ok mark, so there was a little help. You did say"I got you Louie!!!" and Bob and I did offer the advice of "DONT stand up!!!" So I guess we did set safety :lol:

When I swam the Knee a lady in FULL rescue gear offered me the same advice, don't stand up! dont stand up! she was going to get my boat, teather & beaner in hand as she waded into the water...uhhhh standing up...? :roll: she was about to put on on the middle, I was at the take out in the pool waiting for my boat to get close enough to jump in it.

great advice....I guess maybe she didn't believe herself, after all, she was standing beside me. I did get the boat myself...
Go Big...
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Post by Cumnock »

Hey Shawn like that kayaker at the HuckFest below Hamburger...

"help me get across"

me: "swim, you got it"

If we throw a rope its for a clothes line :)
Louie

Post by Louie »

To all the Kayakers never stand upin 18" of water remain on your back feet first down stream, don't worry about the hundreds of rocks you are bein drug across the bruises will go away the cut will heal you can get a new dry suit and helment. don't make any effort to get you paddle or boat. The GDI will stop surffin and fly to your assistances and get your gear. If you should be pushed by the river currents into an eddy swim back into the main flow and wate for the GDI top set up a Z drag. We will have already used our whistles and flare guns to alert the swif water rescure team from Ohio. Three of us will be on the Sat phones gettin the life star Helo's on their way and practicing our acceptance speechs at for the American Kayaker safety boater of the year awards. In as much as there are so few Kayakers and even one of you would be missed we will spare no effert to make sure you and your type are around next trip to clog up the river. One final note we will throw so many rope at you be careful not to hang yourself.
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

You guys know the rules FLoat on your back and wait for someone else to save your but. Dont stand up even once you are to the bank, slide on you but to your boat then climb in never standing up
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Post by Cumnock »

I will say Louie nailed it...when we (kayakers) swim its traumatic .