OUT race signup

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

OUT race signup

Post by 2opnboat1 »

If you plan to race PM me I am trying to figure out just how many folks we are going to have Thanks
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Re: OUT race signup

Post by cmnypny »

2opnboat1 wrote:If you plan to race PM me I am trying to figure out just how many folks we are going to have Thanks
I won't be racing but I will be shooting pics of Louie swimmin and the others paddling.

I would how ever like to go for a paddle later on the day if possible. Maybe below Jarrods Knee to Turkey Creek.

I will be from from Asheville, NC most likely early that morning.

Don't forget the clocks change that night for saturday night for daylight saving time.

I think TonyB and Gumpy will be most likely sleeping in the parking lot there on the saturday night.
eddyhops
CBoats Addict

Re: OUT race signup

Post by eddyhops »

cmnypny wrote:
Don't forget the clocks change that night for saturday night for daylight saving time.
Sheeesh, I forgot about that... double whammy for those of us on central time... bonafide jet lag for anyone coming from further west!
JD
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

If I can make it to ALF, I'd want to run the Tellico just not in a "boatercross" style. It has been a few months since boating, throw in an unfamiliar river, a few dozen others lookin for the same line down river and I'd be making the carnage highlights in the "Canoe Movie" :)
Louie

Post by Louie »

Craig you say that ever year then you get down here and you shine like a new dime in a goat butt. Take part in the mass put in, help screw up as many of the way too serious racers as you can once all them leave the pack, go at a leasurely pace, lounge on the rocks, bask in the sun, and wait for the serious ones and us who want to watch the serious ones catch up with you on our second run. Man this is your vacation kick back, remember where and what part of the country you are in, and have a ball. You must like it sdown here you keep comin back.
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Post by Cumnock »

although I won't be there...someone needs to be a "hatchet man" and lurk in the eddy and take about 10 boaters out...a Shredder would kick butt at that job...say right above Baby Falls
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

Louie, You sure do have a way with words! :) If I can get there I'll at least put on with the masses and see what happens