ALF - Meeting Place

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cmnypny
CBoats Addict

ALF - Meeting Place

Post by cmnypny »

So since it has not been officially picked yet.

Seem alot of folks are staying at Sweetwater and from from Mr. King said earlier.

There appears to be a Dinner Bell down there that is actually open.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Louie

Post by Louie »

Call up to the Shoneys in Lenoir City to let us know where you are goin and we will tell you where we are goin. If we are headin to Tellico or Waldens ridge drag butt a little and we will catch up with you. If we are goin to the Pleateau or the Smokies we'll go slow and let you cath us with us. See it all worked out and you all got stressed out for no reason. No problems.

Here is one for you to map quest cause I don't know the answer. If we were to go to Caney Fork which I hope we can check from both Sweetwater and Lenoir City I bet they send us two different ways even thought we will both have to get on the same road in Crossville.
cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

OK ... Mr. Lewis that sounds like a plan.

Whoever decides to meet in Sweetwater wheter it be the Dinner Bell or KOA ... then we can phone over to Mr. Lewis and gang (since we have a contact list :P) to exchange ideas on WTH we are doing.

I am glad ALF Ain't Organized :o
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Thanks Collin coorection

Post by Wendy »

I will see ya'll Sat AM. So will paddle Sat, Sun, Weds, Thurs
Last edited by Wendy on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

Longboatin and I are going wherever you're going Louie. That's why we're coming down. Don't you feel special now? :lol:
You know what they say about guys with long boats.............. I have a 16 footer!
beach
Pain Boater

Post by beach »

I'm driving from Maine to document that group hug! It's about time we get to the business of boating versus yaping. ALF 2010 is going to be a beauty.

Czya,

Kevin
Louie

Post by Louie »

Lenghty and Longboat we will be glad to see you both, I have a couple of bets you two will win me money if you show up and then there is one who win we money if he don't. You are less of a sure bet than he is.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Lenghty and Longboat now if we have good rain and the really good stuff is runnin I don't want you two to get hurt tryin to keep up with us. There will be plenty of class II and III stuff too keep you busy and remember when you are paddlin with those warped paddled we ain't really laughing at you just with you. However let me promise you if we were to do sumthin like West Prong, Bullet, Yellow, or even if we had to go to the Green and you instisted on goin me and my camera will wait on you. Longboat I know you got better sense and don't have anything to prove, lenghty on the other hand I ain't so sure about.
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

one trick pony

Post by Longboatin »

I can assure u theres only one boat in my quiver for this trip...the longboat. But, if we're gonna get to venture into the steepy steeps, with scrappy volume to boot, i'll be borrowing a more proper sled. Otherwise, some short boaters will be heading to school when we put on
Louie

Post by Louie »

I got a Quake for you, cause unless it is the OBED, BSF, NOLI, FB or some other bigger water river, you are goin to have to contend with rocks. However that is smart of you to start plannin you excusses for why you "DIDN'T" school some short boaters. However I am glad you are racin the coal barges, they sideways pinned between two rock that the short boat could easily miss plan an important part in my race plan. I figure the rapid right above white curtain is where this will happen, Jarred Knee would be better, but you ain't goin to make it that far and if or when you do, us short boaters will be on our second run.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

you guys are funny.
I want to see video. Not so much of paddling, but of you guys backing down and making excuses from all your big talk before and after the paddling.
you know what they say...all talk = no action :wink:
Larry
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

my bad

Post by Longboatin »

dang just typed up, then erased a witty comeback cuz' I realized you were talking to Louie.
southside stray
c

ALF

Post by southside stray »

This will be my first time at the legendary ALF and I am looking forward. My plan is to boat from March 14-18. If I can find the Lenoir City Shoney's Sunday morning will you be leaving from there? What time?

I have an Esquif NITRO.

Thanks to you all for keeping the single-blade tradition going.
Louie

Post by Louie »

The Shoneys is right by the I-75 exit 81, for a 11:30 at the Tellico put in. we would leave LC around 10 so we would meet at 0900 to get eveyone feed and lead. Where are you comin from if from south of LC you could save time and gas by cuttin over before LC?
southside stray
c

ALF

Post by southside stray »

I will be coming from the north so 9 at Shoney's on Sunday is my plan.
Thanks.