da Razor

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

da Razor

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

I confess I've drooled all over my screen since the pix of the Razor hit the home page.

Looks like a good boat, but what would I know -- I'm still paddling a Grumman with truck tubes for flotation. (BTW, still a great boat for running over gerbils in eddies!)

Can any of y'all share info about the Razor?

First of all, how does it paddle? How does it compare with other OC1s of similar specs?

Second, how does a guy (or gal) obtain one? The web-page for Kaqtus doesn't seem to exist, and a Google search doesn't help.

Thanks!
C'est l'aviron. . . !
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

The Razor images are all from the Kaqtus site, from when the boat was "going in to production". To the best of my knowledge, that is still where it stands - the prototype is still on the water today being paddled by the designer, but other things in life came up and production hasn't happened.

I've thought about removing it from the museum, as it is only for production boats, but have left it for now to see if all the fuss of late over the boat moves it forward - it would be great to have another new design out there:)

We're also in the the midst of a big transition at CBoats (hopefully no one has noticed:) ) to a different host (not that it takes me long to remove a boat).
Keep the C!
Adam