big water canoe?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pblanc
CBoats Addict

Post by pblanc »

I knew a couple of guys who, after they "outgrew" their Dagger Impulses, kept them for use on bigger water. They can still be found.

Never cared for the Genesis that much but others did. I never paddled a Dagger Ovation. I wonder how that would do on big water? Or a Dagger Rival?
Last edited by pblanc on Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill M
C Guru

Post by Bill M »

The Dagger Encore shines on the New. At least up to about 6'. The Keeneys, Double Z and fayette station are a blast at 5 tp 6'.
Bill
jatakasawa
C Guru

Post by jatakasawa »

[quote="scott curtis"]i wouldn't put my nitro on the gauley period./quote]

I don't agree with this at all. Not only do I know boaters that have enjoyed the Gauley in their Nitro, lots of folks are taking much smaller/low-volume canoes on the upper and lower sections. If you're competent just about any boat will do.

Personally, I've got my sights set on a smaller, plastic boat for the type of paddling I've been doing and holding on to the Nitro for big water.
Chester the Brace Monkey.
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

I would vote for the Whitesell because it has no edges for powerful eddy fences to grab. Because it has no edges it's very stable when filled with water. It's like filling a round bottle half full of water, turning it on its side and rotating it. The bottle rotates smoothly. Now do the same with a square bottle. The bottle will flop around while being rotated.
scott curtis
C Guru

Post by scott curtis »

i wasnt saying the nitro was too small, i paddle a zoom; and it ferries much much easier